Project Manager, Interior Architecture
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, Maryland
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Project Manager, Interior Architecture performs within a design team in a self‐directed manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
Project Manager will lead aspects of or entire projects (depending on Scope of project) and liaise directly with clientele and consultants.
- Lead project team through delivery process, including comprehension of scope deliverables and partners with project designer and technical leads on a variety of projects
- Interface with client, contractor, and consultants
- Manage workflow and production of deliverables
- Lead project management activities, such as developing proposals, project schedule, workplan, and assigning and monitoring teams’ tasks
- Review client contracts, terms, and conditions
- Review internal project accounting documents and project billing
- Assure project profitability and scheduling through planning of time and effort
- Mentor junior staff and identify development opportunities
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB‐accredited program
- 7+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Hospitality Industry
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Advanced experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications/writing (for FF&E focused designers)
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Suggest Architectural License or NCIDQ certified
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.