- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, Maryland
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks a highly collaborative designer/developer for its interactive team. A successful candidate should be creatively driven, have an incredible attention to detail, and the ability to turn an idea from a sketch into a live working site. We are looking for individuals who are team focused and have the ability to deliver high quality creative work in a fast-paced environment. This role is part of an integrated team of graphic designers, social media marketers, copywriters, and interactive specialists. Clients range from local entrepreneurs and restaurateurs to global hoteliers, real estate developers, travel/tourism destinations, and consumer packaged goods.
This is an onsite position in our Bethesda, Maryland office. To be considered, candidates must submit a portfolio of relevant work along with a resume.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain landing pages and websites
- Design, develop, and launch new websites and site features
- Help update, manage, and maintain client websites
- Support the team with regular email marketing and social media projects
- Consistently advance design and web development skills
- Keep up with new platforms for web design/development, social media, and email marketing
- Brainstorm and execute creative digital projects per client’s needs and for new business
- Bachelor's degree in design, web design, computer science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years design and creative experience (portfolio required)
- 3+ years developing and maintaining websites (portfolio required)
- UX/UI design experience
- High-level proficiency using Wordpress, including the ability to build custom Wordpress themes
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields and how to implement in PHP
- Client focused, with experience presenting designs and collecting/executing based on client feedback.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Image Optimization, and PHP
- Strong knowledge of Responsive Web Design and Media Queries
- Ability to take a project from start to finish, build a wireframe mockup and turn it into a responsive website.
- Solid understanding of SEO, social media, analytics, and other marketing fundamentals such as email marketing software
- Experience designing and executing email campaigns, and creating marketing email templates
- Passion for responsive web and email design
- Proficient at building browser/platform agnostic websites
- Possess a high degree of interest and capacity to learn new emerging technologies
- Proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Proficient in wireframing and prototyping tools (Sketch and Invision)
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Video editing
- Knowledge and use of Basecamp
- Proficiency using Shopify
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.