Summer 2018 Internship Program
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, Maryland, us
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands people love and places people love to be. Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community.
Our summer program is a paid, 10-week internship for rising college seniors and graduate students interested in helping to create meaningful consumer experiences. The program will challenge you to think creatively and question what it means to develop an experience — whether designing for the digital space, print media, or the built environment. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading architects, designers, brand strategists, writers, and researchers. Streetsense interns will be placed in different practice groups that best match their skillsets, but will also be asked to work across a variety of disciplines.
Areas of expertise include:
- Branding & Marketing – including Graphic Design and Creative Strategy
- Architecture & Urban Planning
- Interior Architecture
- Research & Insights
We’re looking for the sharpest and savviest students to join our Summer 2018 internship program. As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse array of experts, hone relevant, real-world experience in your field, explore disciplines you may not be familiar with, and tackle an intern team project informed by hands-on fieldwork, interactive guest lectures, and bagel-fueled brainstorms.
- have a strong interest in one of the above areas of expertise.
- are a design-driven problem solver.
- possess great analytical skills with an ability to think unconventionally.
- are curious, agile, and have the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- have a willingness to learn and gain exposure to fields other than your own.
- take pride in and ownership of your work.
- are a well-rounded individual who has more interests, hobbies, and passions than hours in the day.
- Graphic Design candidates: Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Architecture and Interior Architecture candidates: Mastery of Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- Urban Planning candidates: Mastery of AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
Do you have what it takes? Complete your online application via SmartRecruiters by Thursday, March 15, 2018 to be considered. You will then receive follow-up instructions via email about additional required materials including a cover letter, portfolio, thesis (if applicable), and a response to one of three creative prompts. Please submit these materials in time with the March 1 deadline to be considered. Competitive candidates will be contacted in the late spring regarding next steps.
Streetsense is an equal opportunity employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.