- 120 Blagden Alley NW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC, us
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands that people love and places people love to be.
Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community. We are committed to creating meaningful end-user experiences through informed strategy and design.
At Streetsense we are deeply invested in our people. We’ve created a work environment that makes it fun to show up every day. In addition to the pay and benefits we know you need, we provide learning and development opportunities and lots of fun ways to be part of our uncommon collective.
Streetsense is seeking a registered Project Architect who performs within a design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of Architecture and Interiors process - including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of documents, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements. Leads the documentation and management of hospitality, restaurant and multifamily projects.
This job is based in our Blagden Alley office.
- Display passion and an innovative approach to architecture, planning and interiors that combines collaboration, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in design, design execution, and sustainable principles.
- Work with team on multiple, complex projects through all phases from proposal through construction administration.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior architecture/design concepts with the ability to develop interior architecture components.
- Think and design three-dimensionally with creative and conceptual skills.
- Integrate graphic communications and brand messaging into the built environment.
- Develop and coordinate detailed design concepts, functional requirements and project-design criteria.
- Assist with design and technical coordination among disciplines, and responds to technical implications of design decisions.
- Develop responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc.
- Actively support compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Interface with our Projection Direction team on creation and maintenance of project metrics and parameters such as fees and schedules.
- Actively participate in client engagement.
- Registered Architect – NCARB preferred
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- 5+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the retail, restaurant or hospitality industries
- Successful design leadership or multiple projects and teams
- Proficiency in Revit
- Graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, shop drawing review and Quality Assurance
- Experience with construction materials and specifications
Streetsense is an equal opportunity employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter.