Designer III, Interior Architecture
- 120 Blagden Alley NW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC, us
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense is seeking a Designer III to perform within a design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including, but not limited to, the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements. Designer III’s will frequently liaise directly with consultants.
This job is based in our Blagden Alley office.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB-accredited program
- 5+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Hospitality Industry
- Proficiency in Revit is required
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign and Photoshop
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and specifications
- Advanced experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications/writing (for FF&E focused designers)
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to properly file consultant correspondence
- Interest in completing or completion of the ARE or NCIDQ examinations
- Self-directed, motivated, collaborative and professional
Streetsense is an equal opportunity employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter.