Proposal Writer, Architecture & Design
- Bethesda, MD, USA
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands that people love and places people love to be.
Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community. We are committed to creating meaningful end-user experiences through informed strategy and design.
At Streetsense we are deeply invested in our people. We’ve created a work environment that makes it fun to show up every day. In addition to the pay and benefits we know you need, we provide learning and development opportunities and lots of fun ways to be part of our uncommon collective.
Streetsense seeks an experienced Proposal Writer to join its Business Development and Internal Marketing team. A successful candidate should be an excellent, detail-oriented writer, with experience working in a multidisciplinary studio environment with a heavy emphasis on both Architecture and Interior Design. An ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative, and solutions focused thinker. This person will report to Business Development Leadership and work closely with the Internal Marketing team, Principals, and Studio Heads in coordinating and writing necessary proposal, presentation, and other business development materials.
- Work hand-in-hand with Sales & Marketing Managers to ensure best in class delivery of all written proposals, RFP responses and other strategic new business endeavors
- Write cohesive proposals and presentations with information gathered from many sources
- Meet deadlines by establishing priorities and proper scheduling of information gathering, writing, review, and approval
- Participate in kickoff meetings for all proposals and gather team information, vision, and note deadlines and expectations
- Successfully translate verbal descriptions of project scope into a structured proposal
- Proofread and edit proposal text for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension and style
- Write, manage, and organize content for firm’s library of project/executive summaries, team member resumes, cover letters, and other supporting materials
- Manage and prepare speaking engagement applications and award submission applications on behalf of the company on an as needed basis
- Track proposals in Deltek and Pipedrive software
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communication, or a related field
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a proposal writer in the RFQ/RFP process
- Excellent written and verbal skills (including impeccable spelling and grammar)
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects without missing deadlines or details
- Effective time management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in the architectural and/or engineering fields
- Experience in a multidisciplinary studio environment
- Experience with Deltek & Pipedrive a plus
- Experience with marketing in a professional services or consulting firm
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.