- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, us
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands that people love and places people love to be.
Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community. We are committed to creating meaningful end-user experiences through informed strategy and design.
At Streetsense we are deeply invested in our people. We’ve created a work environment that makes it fun to show up every day. In addition to the pay and benefits we know you need, we provide learning and development opportunities and lots of fun ways to be part of our uncommon collective.
Registered Project Architect who performs within a design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of Architecture and Interiors process - including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of documents, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements. Leads the documentation and management of branded concept hospitality, retail and mixed-use projects.
- Displays passion and an innovative approach to architecture, planning and interiors that combines collaboration, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence in design, design execution, and sustainable principles.
- Works with team on multiple, complex projects through all phases from proposal through construction.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior architecture/design concepts with the ability to develop interior architecture components.
- Thinks and designs three-dimensionally with creative and conceptual skills.
- Integrates graphic communications and brand messaging into the built environment.
- Develops and coordinates detailed design concepts, functional requirements and project-design criteria.
- Assists with design and technical coordination among disciplines, and responds to technical implications of design decisions.
- Develops responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Interfaces with our Projection Direction team on creation and maintenance of project metrics and parameters such as fees and schedules.
- Actively participates in client engagement.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Architecture from a NAAB‐accredited program
- 12+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the commercial real estate Industry
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop and SketchUp
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Architectural License Required
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
- Advanced comprehension of industry trends and applications
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.