Lead Software Engineer
- Place du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
Streem Energy provides innovative SaaS solutions for renewable asset management. Our customers are all along the power value chain: ranging from renewable energy producers , power aggregators or energy suppliers.
Through our expertise in artificial intelligence, interface design and our deep knowledge in renewable energy generation and power market mechanisms, we build models that generate actionable insights to manage new sources of energy. Our cloud platform communicates in real-time with thousands of renewable energy assets and we are on a very busy roadmap to push the renewable energy revolution forward !
By contributing to the digitalization of the power market industry, we evolve in a European, innovation driven, fast growth ecosystem. We are a young but fast-growing company: our lean and very organised team empowers talented individuals to own important responsibilities, collaborate on multiple subjects, and quickly advance their career !
As part of the development of its activity, Streem Energy is looking for a Lead software engineer to play a crucial role in its tech team by leading the software development.
You will get the opportunity to participate in all the technical decisions: you will be a force for proposals for all the major projects to come (incl. architectural orientations and potential stack evolutions). You will work on developing new features and on redesigning existing ones. As an early joiner, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the development of the platform !
Working alongside our CTO, you will:
- Implement the roadmap features: design and develop efficient and easy to maintain code/architecture, ship reliable and scalable applications
- Help improve Streem’s technical stack by: tackling technical problems, suggesting new monitoring tools, introducing new development practices, etc
- Help recruiting developers and freelance based on specific project needs
- Mentor junior developers in producing clean, consistent and well-organized code, review team members’ code when needed
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: Python
- Database/MQ: PostgreSQL, MySQL, InfluxDB
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS, Heroku
- Webapp: Rails, React JS
As a young company, we are looking for independent and proactive candidates, who are rigorous and keen to continually progress in order to bring the best experience to our customers.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software development, and ideally have significant experience in developing SaaS B2B platforms
- You know, share, and apply the guidelines and best development practices
- You have the expertise to understand, debug and improve, broad, complex and challenging architectures
- You are comfortable with multiple programming languages and database architecture: proficiency in python is required but you should have as well basic front end development skills.
- You have a “pioneering” spirit and enjoy working in early stage start-ups
- You are at ease in English (able to lead daily stand up or to explain your work fluently)