National Director of Communications, Public & Media Relations
- Austin, TX, USA
- Department: Marketing
Headquartered in Dallas, TX, Stream Realty Partners, L.P. (“Stream”) is a full-service real estate investment, development, and services company. Since its formation in 1996, the firm has grown from its two original partners to a staff of over 950 real estate professionals that share one common goal: to provide an unequaled level of service to our clients by hiring top talent, instilling them with unsurpassed market knowledge, and uniquely empowering them to apply their energy, expertise and creativity to each of our clients’ needs. We are always looking for nice, honest, intelligent, intense, disciplined, and passionate people to join our firm.
What Makes This a Great Opportunity:
At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Our high- caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Nice. Smart. Honest. Passionate.
Our marketing talent has the opportunity to execute from concept to completion on each and every project, working directly with their internal and external clients to establish project goals/marketing objectives and deliver design strategies that reflect these objectives. This high level of autonomy allows for an increased sense of ownership and pride; the opportunity for quick growth and skill development; and recognition for your work across Stream.
Developing and executing the overall strategy for Stream’s communications, public and media relations, this position elevates the profile of the organization—supporting the company's brand, vision, purpose, and business goals. Generating continuous and prominent coverage of our unique, market-leading platform, talent and insights that shape the commercial real estate industry, the person in this role will take a results-oriented approach and deliver creative ideas and solutions that fuel our broader business objectives; think on their feet; make sound decisions when challenging circumstances arise; and, uphold our standard level of professionalism both internally and externally as a representative and brand ambassador for Stream.
We are seeking an influential communicator, extraordinary relationship-builder, talented writer, and exceptional multi-tasker, with strong prioritization skills and attention to detail. This is a hands-on position that requires a self-starter and strategic thinker who also relentlessly executes to drive results.
This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer while partnering with local market leaders and partners and can office in any of our Stream locations.
- Develop and lead annual communication, public/media relations program to ensure alignment with Stream’s core areas of focus.
- Serve as an advisor on communication, public/media relations initiatives, and distribution channels to meet key objectives.
- Deploy brand campaigns and targeted sponsorships to support the growth of our brand profile.
- Develop and execute communications, public/media relations strategies for Stream, its markets, regions, services, and assignments.
- Strategize multi-media driven tactics to further extend the brand and service offerings.
- Manage relationships with key members of the press, and act as company spokesperson on routine issues.
- Manage all internal communications, working with internal partners, delivering clear, concise, and regular employee communication to enhance employee/brand advocacy for a unified approach across the platform.
- Manage all third-party public/media relations vendors and budgets.
- Compose and distribute press releases and field incoming media requests from local reporters and other sources for relevant articles.
- Ensure day-to-day pubic/media relations and communication activities adhere to defined processes.
- Leverage social media channels to amplify Stream’s brand, developing influencer relationships for peer-to-peer social selling.
- Provide marketing support for ad hoc projects (events, internal communications, recruiting, etc.)
- Participate in annual planning process, and budgeting.
- Track PR metrics (media hits, press appearances, etc.) and produce basic reports.
- Develop and monitor KPIs in all trackable areas and commit to regular cost/benefit analysis of various tactics.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- B2B and B2C experience with social media tools and digital marketing platforms.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize multiple deadlines while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to manage and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
- Team player that is reliable, flexible, helpful, and works well in a collaborative environment.
- Detail-oriented, superior organizational and project management skills.
- Fast learner, highly motivated, self-starter, and creative.
- Client-centric and service-oriented positive attitude.
- Ability to hold your own among smart, engaged executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites programs a plus.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing and communications experience in an agency or corporate environment. Experience in real estate or financial services is a plus.
- Ability to build external communication strategies aligned to business strategy.
Stream Realty Partners offers competitive salaries, bonuses, medical/dental/vision insurance, pharmacy benefits, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, PTO and holiday pay.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.