Marketing Communications Manager
- Andover, MA, USA
Ready to make an impact?
We develop, manufacture and supply dental implants, clear aligners, instruments, CADCAM prosthetics and biomaterials for use in esthetic dentistry, tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss.
We empower our employees to perform and make an impact, to question the status quo, to drive change, to stay ahead of the competition. From the first Dental Implant in 1974 to the latest Digital Solution – we do things differently than others
We deliver innovation based on evidence. This is part of our employer culture as well as an exceptional team spirit that truly encourages diversity and a powerful “can-do” attitude.
#WeChangeDentistry every day. Be part of it.
If your talent includes creating and driving creative, measurable digital and traditional marketing communications campaigns, we want to hear from you. The Marketing Communications Manager at Straumann Group is responsible for collaboratively creating and tactically executing the integrated marketing communications strategy for the North America in alignment with the Straumann, Neodent, Straumann Group Digital Solutions, Medentika and Nuvo brands, and the DSO team. This includes planning for and executing integrated marketing tactics – both traditional and digital, both paid and earned – to help ensure audience engagement and ROI. This position will be one of four MarCom Managers that serve as the gateway for all marketing communications for the North America operation, managing projects for the dental (restorative, regenerative and biomaterials), lab, digital dentistry, ecommerce, education, and practice growth divisions. This job is fast paced and exciting, and is perfect for someone who likes to be part of a high performing, visible team dedicated to great work and the company’s cultural journey. This position reports into the Senior Director of Marketing Communications.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Building on the business strategy for North America, plan for and implement creative, effective tactics that differentiate Straumann, Neodent, Straumann Group Digital Solutions, Medentika and Nuvo brands from the competition and align with the overarching marketing communications strategy supporting dental (surgical, restorative, and biomaterials), lab, digital dentistry, ecommerce, education, DSO and practice growth
• Generate compelling, engaging content to support content-driven integrated strategy. Help identify the most effective communication channels to reach relevant target groups and help to feed these channels with the appropriate messaging.
• Strategizing and implementing campaigns leveraging both traditional (collateral, print advertising, direct mail, etc.) and digital (social media, digital advertising, websites, email, etc.) marketing tactics.
• Responsible for media plan, editorial calendar and internal and external communications as related to area of responsibility
• Developing materials, presentations and other marketing communications for launches, campaigns and other product and service marketing efforts as well as sales meetings, tradeshows and events.
• Creating and maintaining project plans to successfully move all projects forward in a timely, collaborative and efficient manner.
• Providing guidance to the product management team and cross-functionally to teams such as customer service, sales excellence, customer development and operational excellence, to help shape local marketing strategies.
• Working with tradeshow manager to develop plans to leverage product promotions to help generate leads at key shows and events
• Collaborating with the Digital Marketing Manager to help leverage and optimize the Straumann websites, e-marketing tools, SEO/SEM, digital advertising, social media channels and other digital marketing tactics.
• Creating and managing the MarCom budgets in close collaboration with the product management team and Sr. Director of Marketing Communications.
• Attending and participating in all relevant trade shows.
• Traveling with sales representatives once per year to gain a deeper understanding of the business and the Straumann Group customer base.
• Responsible for monitoring program success and ROI analytics and reporting to appropriate Directors, product managers, etc.
• Actively soliciting relevant input from customers and the sales organization to develop new and vibrant marketing collateral.
• Assessing state of current materials – revise existing literature as appropriate, archive outdated versions, and leverage digital whenever possible.
• Developing relationships with peers at Straumann headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, to leverage ideas and materials, and align with overarching brand.
• Being a strong Straumann Group brand ambassador ensuring all sales and marketing collateral reflects and adheres to corporate branding standards.
- BA/BS degree in Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- MBA strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in a Marketing Communications role developing content and implanting campaigns
- 5-7 years of experience with digital marketing and advertising; digital marketing certificate preferred
- Experience in go-to-market strategy, preferred
- Experience in campaign design and execution, preferred
- Experience in data analytics and creating dashboards, preferred
- Experience in graphic design, preferred
- Experience working with a CMS, preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing skills (writing portfolio required)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven lead generation expertise that resulted in ROI
- Strong communications and time-management capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong research, analytics and reporting capability
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated creative, writing, editing, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Experience and success working in a matrix organization and collaborating cross-functionally
- Strong business acumen
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Creative/critical thinking and problem solving skills required
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Some travel required, including nights and weekends
What can you expect from us?
- An agile and ambitious environment: We are #ChangeMakers.
- Open, friendly colleagues who #collaborate and #support each other:
We are #Players+Learners.
- The #freedom to #create and #engage: You can leave your #FootprintInDentistry.
- An employer who invests in our #inspiring corporate #culture.
- The #opportunity to develop yourself as a person and in your #career. We #grow.
- #Attractive workplaces at great locations - We are a #GlobalPlayer.
- A good salary and many other cool #benefits (depending on location).
- To work for the No. 1 in #Dentistry and one of the leading #MedTech companies.
and many other things more!
Please understand that we do not need external support by recruiting agencies and consultants to fill this vacancy. Thank you for respecting this.