Operations Quality Engineering Manager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Here at Dental Wings, we have been #PushingTheBoundaries since 2007 to develop the future of digital dentistry. We believe that the right technology can make Dentistry predictable, enjoyable, and less stressful for patients and dentists alike.
When we refer to our vision, we often talk about how our developers and engineers are working to build the next generation of digital dental care. This philosophy does not stop here: it also extends to offering the best customer experience in the industry. We empower our employees to perform and make an impact, to question the status quo, to drive change, and to stay ahead of the competition.
Headquartered in Montreal (CA), with additional offices in Berlin (DE), Chemnitz (DE) and Lyon (FR) we are part of the Straumann Group since 2017. Our products are distributed by leading dental companies in over 70 countries around the world.
#PushingTheBoundaries every day. Be part of it.
What will be part of your job?
- Supervise the Quality Control group, including activities related to supplier quality (selection, approval, monitoring), control of nonconforming products, and control of monitoring and measuring equipment.
- Participate in the technical qualification (screening, selection and evaluation) of suppliers as well as in first article inspections (FAI).
- Lead CAPA investigations and root cause analysis for product and process nonconformances.
- Support risk assessment activities and risk management file updates related to Operations and suppliers’ activities.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives (in close collaboration with Operations Excellence and Manufacturing Process Engineer).
To be successful in this position your profile should include the following:
- University degree in Engineering (electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical or biomedical);
- 5 years of experience in quality/compliance role within a regulated industry (medical device or similar);
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a supervisory role;
- Strong knowledge of and experience in process validation, Process Capability Studies, Statistical Process Control, and trending;
- Experience in Quality Improvement techniques and methods;
- Has proven can act independently and show initiative;
- Good communication skills;
- Bilingual (English and French).
Those are an asset:
- ASQ Quality Engineer certification (preferred);
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 and/or ISO 9001 Quality Management System standards (an asset);
- Six Sigma Black belt or Green belt Certification (an asset).
- Flexible hours and floating days
- Best of everything: autonomy and teamwork
- Group insurance coverage
- Group RRSP with employer contribution
- Free fruit, bagels, coffee and teas
- Lots of social activities (board games, video games, [email protected], etc.)
- A dynamic and multicultural work environment
- Accessible by public transport in the trendy Mile-End district (160 St-Viateur E)
- Become part of the leading team in the industry: #JoinStraumann and work with us: #WeChangeDentistry
..and many more things!
See how people rate us on Glassdoor.