Finance Manager - Healthcare
Job Title: Finance Manager
Tenure: Full Time
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Kwale County
Our client is the healthcare industry in partnership with a world class leading private equity firm is seeking to on board a Finance Manager who will offer strategic leadership and take responsibility for all finance functions in the healthcare sector in accordance with established professional standards, policies and procedures. The incumbent should be abreast with developing and analysing management accounting information to support effective decision making in the business, have the ability to align daily actions to the company’s strategic direction, mobilize people and inspire them towards a common ambition and better results.
- Directing and administering all financial plans.
- Business planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes, including coordinating and integrating strategic and business plans for profit and cost centers and capital budgets
- Ensuring that daily financial operational matters are executed according to approved plans in a timely manner, and ensuring that there is continual and vigilant monitoring of expenses against budgets, and monitoring growth in revenue streams
- The integrity of the Company’s accounting systems, internal controls, cash management, signatories, and discretionary authorities, and managing the relationship with external auditors.
- The Company’s financial and business reporting, tax planning, estimating and reporting, and regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Experience managing successful cash collections programme.
- Managing the relationship with Banks & investors. The finance manager is expected to provide strategic input on the financial considerations that the Company must address for continued growth and profitability Identification, assessment, and management of the Companies’ business risks and reporting on them
- Being the principal liaison with the Board’s Audit Committee.
- Ensure that supplier contracts are negotiated to the best interest of the Company.
- Look for and implement better credit options for the Company.
- Responsible for the production of monthly financial data and commentary relating to the business in the format required for Organization Africa Management Accounts.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the functional reporting within organization in line with company codes/profit and cost centers.
- Responsible for strategic Investment and Restructuring reporting.
- Review monthly performance against budget on all cost centers and ensure that any excesses are challenged/agreed.
- Ensure compliance with finance manual and other governance requirements
- Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Ability to identify individual and team development needs regularly by monitoring team and individual performance, coaching and recommending training.
- Ability to conduct formal performance and development reviews for direct reports.
- CPA or ACCA with at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- Member of the institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Robust computer knowledge, extensive exposure to an ERP environment, advanced reporting tools
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- High level of analytical, performance management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience of a minimum of 4 years in a for-profit organization
- Excellent reporting, communication, and presentation skills