Enterprise Data Analyst
- 9276 Scranton Rd, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
The Market Intelligence division of ISS, delivers full service solutions to the asset management sector worldwide, including investment flow data, advisor sales analysis, in-depth research, analytics, editorial content and events for investment managers, asset owners and custodians, plus Transaction Cost Measurement of over 500 million trades per month. Our clients include over 1000 of the most prominent names in the asset management industry, including 83 of the world‘s 100 largest fund managers.
Our clients work with the Market Intelligence team because we provide both high-quality data on their business and a proven ability to help them analyze, internalize and discuss the real, strategic implications of that data. This unique combination has resulted in a business built on helping clients make informed decisions year after year that will improve their performance.
Market Intelligence is a division of ISS. ISS is a global company, with more than 1800 employees spread across 30 offices in 13 countries. A career within ISS offers you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors and companies to build for long term and sustainable growth by providing high quality data, analytics and insight.
The Enterprise Analyst team works with our product clients to obtain, clean, and aggregate various data platforms into our data system. The Enterprise Analyst will help manage all inbound and outbound data feeds, as well as work with the team to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data deliverables. The team assesses and analyzes this data to provide actionable business intelligence for our clients. Through the use of SQL, Excel, and other technology tools, the analyst will complete client requests in a timely manner and provide meaningful analysis about patterns and trends in the industry. The Enterprise Data Analyst also works closely with the Development, Product, and Client Engagement team to ensure data needs are met and delivered in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Sales Reporting Files and our Nexus product
- Communicate with and support clients for all data processing needs
- Conduct data assessments and deliver analysis to clients using SQL and Excel
- Create and maintain QA Checks on incoming files and outgoing client feeds
- Utilize JIRA to manage projects and communicate with Development and Client Engagement
- Partner with Implementation Team to gather information and transition new clients as they join the data consortium
- Have or develop a strong understanding of the Retirement/Investment Industry from a data perspective, in order to help our clients understand their data and control data quality
- Bachelor’s degree—preferably in finance, economics, computer information systems, or other business/data related field
- Strong understanding of SQL/MySQL; previous hands-on work experience preferred
- Experience in JIRA or other project management programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to learn new data and technology concepts
- Ability to adapt to performing various and changing tasks throughout the work day
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very talented, professional team in our San Diego office.
- Extremely competitive benefits packages (Medical, Dental, Vision, outstanding 401k match, Flexible Spending accounts, company paid Life Insurance, and more)
- Generous Vacation time
- On-site gym
ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.