Pre-Sales Support Consultant
- 55 Oxford St, Soho, London W1D 2EQ, UK
Strategic Insight (SI) provides critical and proprietary data, business intelligence, information services and marketing solutions to the global investment management industry. SI delivers full service solutions to the asset management sector worldwide, including investment flow data, advisor sales analysis, in-depth research, analytics, editorial content and events for investment managers, asset owners and custodians, plus Transaction Cost Measurement of over 500 million trades per month. Our clients include over 1000 of the most prominent names in the asset management industry, including 83 of the world‘s 100 largest fund managers.
Strategic Insight delivers its products and services through four distinct divisions: SI Data, SI Research, SI Intelligence, and SI Interactive. SI‘s recognized brands and leading editorial titles include BrightScope, Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions, Investor Economics, Corporate Insights, LiquidMetrix, FWW, Plan for Life, PLANSPONSOR, PLANADVISER, and Chief Investment Officer.
The Pre-Sales Support Consultant is an Industry & Technology Product Specialist whose remit is to help drive the sales effort and educate prospects and customers in the use, features, integration, and benefits of the Best Execution, TCA, and Surveillance Solutions. The position leads the technical sales process (architectural technical, business integration, understanding client data, and mapping/converting it to proprietary format) and includes Proof Of Concepts (POC), presales discussions, and technical presentations to ensure accurate and successful implementation of the product and communication of the architecture and business/technical advantages to prospective and existing clients that may include their IT Management and Heads of Trading.
- Meet with clients (prospective & existing) to present and discuss the system architecture, system components, business integration options, and file specification details. Handle any technical objections raised.
- Understand client’s data and their use within their organisation, write up and document their use of data, and analysis and advice on what data to extract from client’s internal systems.
- Develop and implement plan for client on boarding including data modelling, necessary programming, documentation of product configuration, and QA.
- Provide ongoing support for the client during on-boarding and thereafter.
- Work closely with Sales Manager and other Sales Representatives to ensure all technical aspects of the POC or client on-boarding are addressed.
- Work closely with Product Management in communicating market needs and input to product design.
- Overall knowledge of securities industry, especially but not limited to Equities. Experience working with buy side or sell side firms (or financial data vendors servicing the buy/sell side front office).
- Strong knowledge of OMS / EMS data and trading workflows. Experience in transaction cost analysis, best execution, and market microstructure.
- Proven experience as a technical resource and the ability to communicate at a peer level with prospective senior technical staff.
- Must have some programming experience. Knowledge of statistics and Stats packages a plus.
- Experience in business development, pre-sales, or sales is highly preferred.
- Consultative presentation and selling style: pre-sales background.
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills. Extensive experience delivering presentations and data analysis reports.
- Flexibility to travel as the role may entail travel in Europe.
- University degree, preferably in technology discipline.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Location: This opportunity is for our corporate office in the Greater London area. This position is not eligible for work authorization/visa sponsorship or relocation expenses.