Supply Chain Analyst - Operations
- 80 S Dean St, Englewood, NJ 07631, USA
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
This role can work out of the Englewood, NJ Plant or at our Corporate Office located in Memphis, TN.
This position will play an integral part in keeping the facility supplied with raw material. The position will be responsible for ordering and scheduling raw materials to meet production schedules while closely managing inventory levels. This position will also manage claims/of non conformances, research, locate, and graph statistical data, manage reports, and communicate various issues to/with domestic/international suppliers and brokers.
1. Orders / Schedules raw material in accordance to established forecast, contracts and production schedules.
2. Maintains inventory levels at or below designated weeks of supply by expediting/de-expediting materials in response to changes in the production schedule. Maintains purchase orders and other system information as needed in communal folders.
3. Ensure supplier incident reporting is completed for all vendor claims and work with Procurement to make sure appropriate actions are taken.
4. Works with procurement to develop purchasing strategies, vendor selection, and improve purchasing systems.
5. Reconciles all material variances and assist accounts payable with timely processing of invoices.
6. Embrace forecasting/supply chain Power BI tool and contribute to enhancing it’s efficiency.
7. Supports Procurement group/lab in approving new suppliers or new product development by coordinating sample exchanges and trial reporting with Procurement Group, RDI and other business units.
8. Coordinates/tracks imports by managing incoming negotiable documents, payments, entry into the U.S., movement to warehouses, sampling and treatment of imported products.
9. Work with Procurement and Marketing to establish uniform label tracking and inventory management processes.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred in supply chain, operations, business; or relevant experience.
2-3 years supply chain experience, preferably in the food industry.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Familiarity with ERP or Power Bi helpful, but not necessary.
1. Analytical Skills – Very critical in managing the business and identifying problems or opportunities. Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
2. Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills. Interpersonal Skills – Position deals with many internal and external people, companies and positions. Must be able to establish relationships, foster teamwork and build consensus
3. Communication Skills – will be actively involved in conveying information and ideas, both in written and verbal form. Should be an effective presenter as well.
4. Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects and tasks. Must be detailed, self motivated and highly organized.
5. Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understand organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition and adjusts strategic direction accordingly.