Data Security Engineer- This is a contract to hire position. The position is remote but Chicago area is preferred. Will look at candidates from Central or Eastern Time Zone.
- US-45, Lincolnshire, IL, USA
Tech Manufacturer of cool gadgets. Role can be remote.
Global Information Security Organization is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our team. This position will be focused on continuous improvement opportunities within our vulnerability management and threat assessment functions (TVM). Other responsibilities can be assigned based on skill set and interest. This is a contract-to-hire position, and if employed we support rotational assignments to build well-rounded team members.
• Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
• Monitor and determine relevance of threat intelligence
• Manage, support, and enhance our TVM platforms
• Establish relationships with multiple stakeholders to drive alignment on remediation activities
• Enhance reporting to demonstrate program effectiveness
• Drive process improvements across functions to reduce risk and/or improve operational efficiency
• Contribute to the development external testing plans
• Participate in incident response activities including forensic investigation
• Create required documentation
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
Work Experience: 2-5+ years of experience
Key Skills and Competencies:
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with stakeholders across multiple departments
• Ability to facilitate meetings and lead teams to a position of alignment
• Ability to assess threats and potential business impacts
• Advanced analytical skills
• Ability to react in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
• Ability to balance multiple priorities
• Ability to work with remote team members and stakeholders
• Experience with Nessus/Tenable.io is required
• Experience with web application scanning, container scanning, and/or database scanning preferred
• Experience implementing secure infrastructure in cloud environments preferred
• Relevant security certifications preferred
There will be 2-3 rounds of Virtual Interviews.
Candidate MUST posses the ability to communicate effectively with all Department Managers and create a partnership between the two.
Must be visible to explain the "threats" in a manner that will engage the department and influence them to address the issue at hand and help drive the change process.
This is a contract to hire position. The position is remote but Chicago area is preferred. Will look at candidates from Central or Eastern Time Zone.