Senior Embedded Android Engineer
- San Francisco Pier 33 - Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, CA, USA
Let your dog walker into your apartment while you’re at the office. Or grant your in-laws access to the building’s gym while you’re sunning on a beach. It’ll be possible at new projects by some of the biggest U.S. builders.
Toll Brothers Inc., Brookfield Property Partners LP, RXR Realty and Related Group of Florida are among developers incorporating smart-access technology from this leader in door access in selected upcoming condo and rental projects.
Users can grant access to guests and service providers, like dog walkers and cleaners, by providing them temporary entry codes. A wide-angle camera embedded in the hardware at each doorway will create a visual record of every interaction by a non-resident -- all of it viewable through the Latch app on the resident’s phone.
Our Client is seeking a Senior Embedded Android Engineer to be based in our San Francisco office. In this role you will be an integral part of a stellar engineering team responsible for building new products. You will work within a highly cross-functional feature team and collaborate closely with mobile, backend and hardware engineers.
You will be focussed on firmware development for IoT devices, including board bring up, writing low level device drivers and delivering high quality, robust product firmware. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our expanding product family.
- Participate in design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of high quality firmware.
- Deliver resilient and robust designs - Lead and participate in technical discussions across engineering and product teams.
- Work with the electrical team for hardware bring up and verification of new designs.
- Work closely with the software and mobile teams for definition and implementation of wireframes used by devices for wireless communications.
- Write low level peripheral drivers needed for board and application bring up.
- Perform power consumption analysis and optimize firmware for low power battery operation.
- BS or above in EE/CS.
- 5+ years of experience in software development on Embedded Android AOSP /Embedded Linux based systems.
- Experience in Linux kernel, device tree, Android/Linux device driver and HAL layers as well as Android Framework layers.
- Knowledgeable in C/C++, Linux, RTOS’s and Object Oriented Design/Architecture
- Knowledge of mobile device emerging technologies including Smartphone LTE architectures, wireless IoT- BLE/Internet connected devices, camera/video, and touch screen displays.
- Experience working with device drivers for serial communication protocols such as SPI/I2C/RS-232/USB etc.
- Ability to work well independently and in close collaboration with a remote team.
- Ability to travel and work in 1-2 week increments periodically in the NYC office as needed.
- Knowledge and experience working with Security, Cryptography a huge plus.
- Deep knowledge of electrical concepts and comfortable reading hardware schematics and debugging hardware at a board level.
- Familiarity/Experience working with network stacks and protocols TCP/IP, UDP, MQTT etc
- Prior experience with AWS, REST API’s and Android App development is a plus
- Familiarity or experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and practices.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.