- 12472 Lake Underhill Rd, Orlando, FL 32828, USA
Stem Futures, LLC was founded in 2013 with the vision to prepare our future youth for their next big step in our economy by providing to them opportunities to develop skills that will support infrastructure in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math. Grounded in education, STEM Futures was designed to help school districts, leading business organization, local partners bridge industry with education. STEM Futures exposes opportunity through industry hands on experiences for students to connect skills to relevant curriculum, incorporating cutting-edge technology and fostering learning that inspire sustainability through careers and real world connections. We do this while providing our educators and business partners with innovative Professional Development in English & Spanish. Established by educators for diverse audiences with the culturally diverse in mind, we strive to ignite the strength of our workforce to create opportunities nationwide for each and every child regardless of their level of opportunity to stem their own future.
We are currently seeking Curriculum Translators (several openings) to translate written secondary educational content from English to Spanish. We seek proficient translators who are tech savvy and problem solvers for written content with deep expertise and understanding of education content in the areas of math and science. Candidates are creative and resourceful, spirited and passionate about helping other learn digitally in another language. Applicants MUST be able to collaborate effectively within a team that is spread throughout the U.S. and abroad with varying time zones. The ideal candidate must share the vision and commitment of STEM FUTURES to inspire innovative, cutting edge curricula and to publish high-quality educational content, support the growth of stem opportunities among our youth and community along with valuing the professional development of educators and industry partners. This is a project based, remote time-limited contracting position. Curriculum Translators are independent consultants contracted for a variety of services. As consultants, Curriculum Translators are engaged for one-time, short-term, or fixed-term assignments. Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Spanish Language, Secondary Education (science/math), STEM-related discipline and/or Teacher certification
• ATA Certification
• 3-5 years of experience in curriculum writing, technical writing or grant writing in Spanish & english
• Strong command of subject area(s) of math and science at the secondary level is preferred
• Exceptional bi-lingual written, typing (25+ WPM min), and verbal communication skills
• Careful attention to detail, with effective time management skills to complete on-time deadlines and quick turnaround times for tasks.
• Strong creative and critical thinking skills with excellent research skills and internet skills, comfortable to navigate modern media
• Self motivated and disciplined, with a positive and high-energy, "go-getter" attitude
•Willingness to receive and provide critique and revision feedback to support the writing/ implementation of content
• Demonstrated commitment: Fast learner, solution seeker with proficient knowledge of information-sharing platforms (Google, Sharepoint, Edmodo, etc.)
• Experience with teaching in Latin America, English language learners, low and high performing students, or gifted children a plus
Prerequisite: Please attach a sample of material translated and how long sample took to translate.
IF your application is selected, candidates will be contacted via email/phone within the next two weeks.
While we recognize that the upcoming two weeks are holidays for many people, we are looking to fill these position(s) immediately so staffing can be in place before the start of the year.
Please note acceptance as a curriculum translator is contingent upon submission of all hiring documents and satisfactory completion of our STEM Futures On-boarding. Our SFO process is a series of webinar/training to equip our translators will the tools to successfully meet the criteria, scope of project and expectation for specific project/client needs. We require all candidates to commit approximately 6-8 hours of their time as part of our SFO.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Stem Futures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Stem Futures, LLC is a small business, minority owned company. We are excited to welcome you as a member of our team that spans several states and serves multi-disciplinary and diverse customers. Thank you for your interest!