Platform Python Engineer
- 55 Strand, London WC2R 0LQ, UK
As a vibrant RegTech company, our work and our platform enhances financial compliance, prevents market abuse and promotes trust in the financial markets. We are passionate about how data, technology and people make this possible.
- Ensure that the SteelEye platform is highly performant and available.
- Automate support requests using Python based services and jobs.
- Contribute to Infrastructure as code in Terraform, Ansible, Helm charts.
- Design and implement solutions for:
- Data Ingress and Egress
- Reliable execution of services and back-end jobs.
- Manage expectations with internal stakeholders and context-switch efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrive in an environment that uses AWS and Elasticsearch extensively.
- Keep abreast of technology and contribute to the engineering strategy.
- Champion best development practices
- Extensive previous experience with Python 3.
- Experience with:
- Python libraries used for data (such as pandas, numpy)
- Good knowledge of design patterns.
- Solid understanding of Elasticsearch
- Excellent ability and experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for your work and delivery.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Mature collaboration and mentoring abilities.
- Nice to have tech skills:
- FastApi and Flask
We really care about our people as they are the heart and soul of the company. We offer 25 days annual leave, private medical cover, Company pension scheme and life insurance plus we host lots of social events and activities as well as charity events over the year. Our London office is based on the Strand in the heart of London and we have offices in Bangalore, India and Braga, Portugal.
Role Location: London
Target Start Date: June 2021