- Budapest, Hungary
- Employees can work remotely
We help companies become more data-driven with our solutions.
About the project:
The goal of the project is to provide cargo container tracking services for interested parties. Ports, terminals and shipping lines send various data elements about the change of the containers' statuses, that will be loaded into a PostgreSQL database. From this relational data model, scheduled snapshots copy the information to an Elasticsearch database, from where the microservice-based JAVA Spring Boot applications serve this data to Angular frontends, which is then finally presented in different dashboards.
- You would be part of a team that plans and develops new features for already existing applications
- Understand business requirements, review UX designs, provide feedback/suggestions
- Create new or modify existing components/modules to meet business needs
- Do code reviews, assure high quality standards, contribute to the knowledge base
- Keep an eye on the deployment process via CI/CD tools
- Regularly check (automatically generated) security and performance insights
- Support and work closely together with teams in different time zones
- Investigate and locate defect root causes, fix and commit
The way we work:
- Daily stand-ups are at 10:30, and we have two-week long sprints and monthly production releases
- The process: Product team defines the requirements, UX team designs it, Product Owner creates stories what we distribute on sprint planning, then deliver, QA sign off and acceptance
- Two main teams are working directly on app development: backend and frontend with 5-5 developers
- You’ll be joining to the development of multiple already released applications with live users
Angular 10+, SASS/CSS3, NGRX, Material components, Jest, JWT, HTML5, REST, Git, Gitlab
Managed cloud services (AWS-based, k8s)
- You speak Hungarian and English fluently
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a frontend developer and are familiar with Angular 6+
- You know the principles of programming, patterns and clean code;
- You are eager to learn and be open to any technology you need to use;
What's In It For You:
Exciting projects: We work on projects that can last from a couple of months to a couple of years. When you finish one project and go on to the next one, you get to learn about new technologies, solve new challenges, get to know new business domains, and teams.
Internal training opportunities: Continuous learning is important for us; therefore, we have an internal training system in place: our more senior experts teach courses to those who are interested in learning that specific fields. We have communities who share best practices or exciting challenges and solutions through internal webinars. It’s truly inspiring!
Office: Although right now, we are all working from home, once we come back to the office, you'll recognize our office as one of our perks. Our Budapest office is in the 13th district, easily approachable by Metro 3, you just need to take off at Forgách utca and walk 2-3 minutes. We have a really cool office environment, check it out HERE.
Benefits: We offer parking if you travel by car or BKK pass if you travel by public transport – these benefits are available at the current situation. We also provide online English lessons and support your healthy lifestyle with online yoga classes and Life1 unlimited gym pass (when the gyms are open.)
Salary range. We believe in open communication and no BS. For this role, depending on your experience and level of expertise, the salary range is between gross 650.000 - 900.000.
Some Further Practical Details:
Start date: As soon as possible, but if you currently work somewhere and have a notice period, it’s still fine, we will wait for the right person!
Compensation range: The range for this role is approximately gross 750.000 - 1.150.000 HUF per month. The final amount in your offer will depend on your expertise and professional experience.
Home office now: Right now, we are working from home, going to the office is optional. Probably in the beginning, it would make sense for you to come at least a couple of days per week, but this is up to discussion once we get started.
1. Phone conversation with one of our HR BPs - We will briefly talk about your motivation and experience and we will switch to English for a few questions.
2. Video chat with the experts on the team. They will tell you more about the project, and you can get to know the colleagues you will work the closest with, and also your Team Leader.
If you like what you have read, and feel like this role is for you, submit your application now!