- Budapest, Hungary
In a nutshell, we help organizations become more data-driven with our complex solutions.
Founded in 2006, now we have about 200+ employees in three locations: Budapest, Szeged, and Washington. We are a fast-paced team, constantly looking at how to make things better, learning from our mistakes, believing in course-correcting.
About the project
As part of the project, we provide DevOps services for a range of clients ranging from IaC through CI pipeline creation, test and development till new toolset validation (POC)
Projects are always evolving and provide challenges for the team, there is always a new development require to test and validate new solutions and integrate them into the existing ones.
How we work
Ideally, you are an experienced DevOps engineer familiar with DevOps concept. You will work across Projects resolving Client’s needs and provide support to existing development in the infrastructure creation, resource selection, automation, implementation, security, development, and monitoring. Our core concept is continuous development which we implement in our client’s solution.
Our technical and personal development is equally important and required from each team member to continuously develop the skill sets require to be competitive in this field.
Mostly we're working from home, but it is recommended to visit the office a few days each week and interact with the team members.
What you will do daily:
At Starschema as a DevOps team member you will be a focal resource, responsible to create CICD pipelines mainly in Gitlab and develop POC projects from scratch to test and validate the viability of the new tools or tools sets. Also, some projects require to write automatic infrastructure deployment using the range of Enterprise grade tools like Terraform Enterprise, CloudFormation or Scalr Enterprise. Our code base is stored in Gitlab repositories and organised in subgroups.
As part of the DevOps team, you would:
· Closed interaction with the Client’s architecture team to find the best and up-to date solution using the latest resources available.
- Create dynamic and automated solutions for deployments and monitoring
- Leverage Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS) and containerized tools (Kubernetes, docker)
- Deploy automated infrastructure and application using Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, and Scalr enterprise
- Create and configure custom AMI and docker containers using Packer, Chef, and Ansible
- Ensure that source codes are securely stored in VCS (Gitlab, Code commit, Azure Repos, Github)
- Ensure security is an integral part of every development the team do.
- Develop automation using script languages like bash, python
We'd like to hear from you if you have:
- at least 3 years of DevOps experience
- experience with the above tools
- good English communication skills
- good problem-solving skills
It would be nice if you had experience with:
- IaC tools like Terraform Enterprise
- Knowledge of agile development tools like Jira or Rally
- Git or other version controlling system(s)
- CI/CD pipelines
- Extensive knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
What's In It For You:
Exciting projects: We work on projects that can last from a couple of months to a couple of years. When you finish one project and go on to the next one, you get to learn about new technologies, solve new challenges, get to know new business domains, and teams.
Internal training opportunities: Continuous learning is important for us; therefore, we have an internal training system in place: our more senior experts teach courses to those who are interested in learning that specific fields. We have communities who share best practices or exciting challenges and solutions through internal webinars. It’s truly inspiring!
Office: Our guideline is for everyone to be in-office for two days a week. But, we don't track it, we don't check it, and we keep an open mind, anyone can discuss with their team leaders to change this, depending their own situation. You'll recognize our office as one of our perks. Our Budapest office is in the 13th district, easily approachable by Metro 3, you just need to take off at Forgách utca and walk 2-3 minutes. We have a really cool office environment, check it out HERE.
Benefits: We offer parking if you travel by car or BKK pass if you travel by public transport – these benefits are available at the current situation. We also provide online English lessons and support your healthy lifestyle with online yoga classes and Life1 unlimited gym pass (when the gyms are open.)
Some Further Practical Details:
Start date: As soon as possible, but if you currently work somewhere and have a notice period, it’s still fine, we will wait for the right person!
Compensation: The final package will depend on your professional experience.
1. Phone conversation with our Recruiter - We will briefly talk about your motivation and experience and we will switch to English for a few questions.
2. Video interview with the experts on the team. They will tell you more about the Data Engineering role at Starschema, and you will also talk about your professional background.