- Budapest, Hungary
We are looking for an enthusiastic data scientist who enjoys continuous learning and who is not afraid of getting her/his hands dirty with the data. Team players preferred, but you should be able to work alone when necessary; most likely you will have a chance to try both setups.
As a Data Scientist you would help our clients make data-driven decisions for Fortune 500 companies and Hungarian blue-chip firms. Our data science team currently consists of a team lead and five data scientist from junior to senior grades.
One of our recent projects:
Our client, a Fortune 50 healthcare conglomerate, offers mobile application for allergic rhinitis sufferers. The application delivers value to the customer by aiding in their assessment of exposure risk and predicting their overall symptom burden for the next 3 days. We are helping them to improve this real-time predictive model and support marketing in forecasting allergy/pollen season starts for several market areas.
What You Will Do Daily
- Understanding and preparing data for analysis
- Writing clean, well-documented and efficient code (mainly in Python)
- Building machine learning models (classification, regression, clustering)
- Presenting results to customers and/or community
- Improving and refreshing existing data science products
Apply, If You Have
- Hands on experience in Python and data preparation techniques (additional R knowledge is an advantage)
- Demonstrated knowledge of a version control tool (preferably git)
- Deep understanding of data science and machine learning frameworks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Team player attitude
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills both in English and in Hungarian
- NLP and Computer Vision experience is a plus
- Any experience in Spark/AWS/Azure/Google cloud is more than welcome
- We encourage you to apply in case you have experienced junior, medior or senior level knowledge in Data Science field.
- Internal data science meetups and workshops
- Participation in data science competitions
- Lots and lots of fruit
- Free massage in the office (20-minute sessions)
- Interactive internal professional trainings, taught in-person by one of our experts
- Online English classes with a native English speaker teacher in small teams
- Online yoga once a week
- Unlimited Life1 gym pass (for every Life1 gym in Budapest) or All-Inclusive Gym and Pool Pass in Szeged
- Hiking community who goes on hiking trips almost every weekend
- Wellbeing presentations about topics such as healthy eating or how to maintain work-life balance
- Online board gaming nights
Some Further Practical Details:
Start date: As soon as possible, but if you currently work somewhere and have a notice period, it’s still fine, we will wait for the right person!
Compensation range: The final amount in your offer will depend on your expertise and professional experience. For this role, the salary range for medior experts is between gross 750,000 – 1,000,000 HUF/month approximately.
Home office now: Right now, we are working from home, going to the office is optional. Probably in the beginning, it would make sense for you to come at least a couple of days per week, but this is up to discussion once we get started.
1.Online test via Hackerrank - You will have to fill our coding data science test in Python.
2.Short conversation with HR - We will briefly talk about your motivation and experience.
3.Interview with the data science team: Based on your preference it can be an in-person or a video interview.