- Budapest/Szeged, Hungary
- Employees can work remotely
In a nutshell, we help organizations become more data-driven with our complex solutions. Founded in 2006, now we have about 200+ employees in three locations: Budapest, Szeged and Washington. We are a fast-paced team, constantly looking at how to make things better, learning from our mistakes, believing in course-correcting.
What You Will Do Daily
- Support Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence / Big Data systems, specifically from a near-real-time data replication perspective
- Maintain and upgrade data replication platform pieces, specifically on RHEL, Centos, Oracle Linux, Solaris, and Windows Server environments
- Perform and automate data quality checks on replica datasets
- Automate recurring tasks in *NIX environments.
- Work in modern AWS and Azure cloud deployments
- Develop replication projects between heterogenous DBMSs and Data Lake environments for Fortune 500 customers
- Provide Software support for one of the fastest-growing data replication solutions on the market
- Use virtualized environments in Docker to simulate and recreate issues
- Implement infrastructure monitoring solutions such as New Relic, Nagios, Grafana
We Want to Hear from You, If…
- You have at least a year of experience with SQL
- You have at least a year of experience working with the Linux command line
- You speak and write English fluently and with ease
- You are willing to work in shifts
- You are interested in and willing to learn new skills and technologies
It is advantageous if you have:
- Experience with ETL / data migration tools (Informatica, Talend, HVR, Oracle GoldenGate, Qlik)
- Knowledge of DBMS MPP platforms (e.g. Greenplum, Teradata)
- Knowledge of Amazon’s database as a service stack (e.g. Redshift, Aurora)
- Knowledge of message queue services (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Knowledge of other cloud-based data warehousing solutions (e.g. Snowflake, Google BigQuery)
- Some form of DevOps experience
- Experience with ITIL tools and ticketing in general
- Experience with project delivery in an agile environment
- Scritping experience
What’s in it for you:
A great team and company: We are a team of talented and agile people. You’ll like it here, if you are ready to learn new technologies, create new solutions and to develop not just yourself - but the business that you work in.
Training and preparation for the job: If the fundamentals are there we will take you to the next level! We have an excellent internal training program where you will learn about HVR and thanks to this it is ensured that you will join your very first project as a fully prepared colleague. After the training and the on the job experience you will be more than capable of solving the challenging tasks in this position.
Office location & Working from home: Our Budapest office is in the 13th district, easily approachable by Metro 3, you just need to take off at Forgách utca and walk 2-3 minutes. We have a really cool office environment, check it out HERE. Currently we are mostly working from home, the work location is up to you and your Team Leader.
Compensation & Benefits: The compensation package includes a gross monthly salary between 500.000-650.000 HUF depending on your experience and professional skillset. Plus, we offer parking if you travel by car or BKK pass if you travel by public transport (these benefits are available at the current situation). We also support your personal development with free English lessons and your health with online yoga classes and gym pass.
1. Phone call with HR - We will talk about your motivation and experience and we will switch to English for a few questions.
2. In-person conversation or video interview. At this meeting, we will discuss your background and motivation, and the further details of the position. Here you will meet with the Team Leader thus you can receive first-hand information and start to get to know each other.
3. In-person conversation or video interview with our Division Leader.
If you like what you have read, and feel like this role is for you, submit your application now!