- Budapest, Hungary
- Employees can work remotely
In a nutshell, we help organizations become more data-driven with our complex solutions.
Founded in 2006, now we have about 200+ employees in three locations: Budapest, Szeged, and Washington. We are a fast-paced team, constantly looking at how to make things better, learning from our mistakes, believing in course-correcting.
Our office is in the 13th district (Váci út 99.), easily approachable by Metro 3 (Forgách utca), but if you prefer to travel by car, we have good parking option too.
As a Data Engineer at Starschema, you will bring business value for our clients through end to end development, optimization and operation of automated reporting, data lakes and related software platforms. You will use the latest technologies like Apache Airflow, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and AWS etc.
What will You do:
- Build and maintain database/bigdata clusters;
- Build dashboards for infrastructure management and reporting;
- Design and deploy infrastructure management strategies to meet up time and monitoring SLA’s;
- Deploy code release in QA and PROD;
- Participate in building unit/performance/integration tests working with database developers;
- Participate in database SQL optimization plan;
- Deploy configuration and automation tools to remove manual steps in deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across all environment.
We want to hear from you if You have:
- At least 3 years of experience in data engineering field;
- Solid background in Python and SQL;
- Experience building data solutions using big data tools: Airflow, Spark, Kafka, AWS;
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Hands-on experience with requirements analysis, design, coding and testing patterns;
- Has experience in engineering (commercial and open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures;
- Experience working with cloud computing environments;
- Excellent communications skills in English (both written and oral);
- Intelligent, communicative team-player personality, interested in and willing to learn new skills and technologies.
What's In It For You:
Exciting projects: We work on projects that can last from a couple of months to a couple of years. When you finish one project and go on to the next one, you get to learn about new technologies, solve new challenges, get to know new business domains, and teams.
Internal training opportunities: Continuous learning is important for us; therefore, we have an internal training system in place: our more senior experts teach courses to those who are interested in learning that specific fields. We have communities who share best practices or exciting challenges and solutions through internal webinars. It’s truly inspiring!
Office: Although right now, we are all working from home, once we come back to the office, you'll recognize our office as one of our perks. Our Budapest office is in the 13th district, easily approachable by Metro 3, you just need to take off at Forgách utca and walk 2-3 minutes. We have a really cool office environment, check it out HERE.
Benefits: We offer parking if you travel by car or BKK pass if you travel by public transport – these benefits are available at the current situation. We also provide online English lessons and support your healthy lifestyle with online yoga classes and Life1 unlimited gym pass (when the gyms are open.)
Some Further Practical Details:
Start date: As soon as possible, but if you currently work somewhere and have a notice period, it’s still fine, we will wait for the right person!
Compensation range: The range for this role is approximately gross 800.000 - 1.200.000 HUF per month. The final amount in your offer will depend on your expertise and professional experience.
Home office now: Right now, we are working from home, going to the office is optional. Probably in the beginning, it would make sense for you to come at least a couple of days per week, but this is up to discussion once we get started.
1. Phone conversation with one of our HR BPs - We will briefly talk about your motivation and experience and we will switch to English for a few questions.
2. Online test via Hackerrank - You will have to fill out our SQL test that takes 1.5 - 2 hours.
3. Video interview with the experts on the team. They will tell you more about the Data Engineering role at Starschema, and you will also talk about your professional background.