- Budapest, Hungary
In a nutshell, we help organizations become more data-driven with our complex solutions.
Founded in 2006, now we have about 200+ employees in three locations: Budapest, Szeged, and Washington. We are a fast-paced team, constantly looking at how to make things better, learning from our mistakes, believing in course-correcting.
Our office is in the 13th district (Váci út 99.), easily approachable by Metro 3 (Forgách utca), but if you prefer to travel by car, we have good parking option too.
As a Data Engineer at one of our client (Nonprofit Organization), you would work 2-3 months in Rome in a very international and culturally diverse organization to acquire the project specific skills and knowledge to be able to work remotely from our Budapest office after you come back. Your key responsibility will be to work hands-on in the client’s data integration platform, Palantir Foundry.
What will You do:
- Implement the end-to-end SAP/non-SAP back-end data pipelines in client’s data integration platform, Palantir Foundry, for select data domains and track data pipeline dependencies;
- Working together with Data Ingestion team to configure the technical connection for corporate data system source ingestion/virtualization;
- Development - Write/code transformations to produce clean data and derive new datasets in Foundry in SQL or Python;
- Connect the source data to the ontology in Foundry, expand the ontology when needed, review code-pull requests for changing the ontology in collaboration with Data Engineers for other data domains;
- Configure and update Object Views based on project specifications.
- University Degree in Information Technology Management, Data Analytics/Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or other relevant disciplines;
- Strong SQL/Python skills (Tableau is an advantage);
- Desire to work on this project long term, partially in Rome, partially in the Budapest office of Starschema;
- Fluent English – ability to communicate in business English with end-users in the business via email or in person – to conduct any end-user interviews if needed
- Interest to work in very international and culturally diverse organization;
- Intelligent, communicative team-player personality, interested in and willing to learn new skills and technologies.
- Phone Call: a Phone call with one of our HR BPs
- Online Test: Filling out our SQL test via Hackerrank
- In-person discussion in our office with the HR BP, Hiring Manager and Technical Manager
- Pre-interview with our Client – they will ask some high-level questions about your background and skills
- Technical Interview with our Client - behavioral interview questions + SQL test
Some Further Practical Details
- Accommodation: Starschema will pay for your accommodation
- Travelling: Starschema will pay your return ticket
- Insurance: Starschema will pay you an insurance while your stay in Rome
- Daily Fee: Besides your salary, you will get gross 40 EUR/day