Back Office Manager - Fixed Term Contract
- Budapest, Hungary
Starschema is a Budapest-based tech entity where petabytes of data are crunched and refined for trusting Fortune 500 companies. Already a first-class player on the Business Intelligence scene, we have a long-standing history of excellence in the areas of big data, dataviz, data science and architecture.
We are Starschema. We play big data.
- Responsible for overall office activities, large purchasing requests and facilities;
- Coordinates overall administrative activities for the office;
- Responsible for inventories and ordering supplies and take inventory of the supplies on hand and dispatch any new supplies;
- Handles needs of the office building, cleaning services and maintenance service as needed;
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities;
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc. for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions;
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations;
- Write business correspondents for staff, vendors or clients;
- Coordinator of corporate office and Information technology equipment requisitions, ordering, receipt and inventory;
- Executes and coordinates pre-approved purchases, travel arrangements and work orders, as needed;
- Performs daily inventory of kitchen supplies and ensures these areas are clean and stocked;
- Coordinates and supervises Office Assistant and IT Specialist;
- Maintain and develop internal communication (newsletter, info screen, intranet, etc.);
- Responsible for event planning;
- Negotiates and manages large projects, such as property rental and construction agreement and migration to new office areas;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in office management;
- Bachelor or more advanced degree;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Hungarian and English;
- Attention to detail, correctness of information, and data entry in a timely manner;
- High level of inter-personal skills to interact with staff and visitors of all levels;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to occasionally lift office supplies, packages, equipment;
- High level of professional demeanor;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to take initiative to ask for projects and assist with tasks;
- Policy drafting and editing experience preferred;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to negotiate effectively;
- Be comfortable in a fast-moving startup/entrepreneurial environment.
In return, we are offering a competitive package and to work in super-friendly, young and fresh environment, in a state-of-the art office with loads of coffee & fruit, regular massage, sport pass, games - and these are only the fraction of fringe benefits.
You will have the chance to work with talented and agile people and to learn new technologies, create new solutions and to develop not just yourself - but the business that you work in.