- Budapest, Hungary
Starschema is a Budapest-based tech entity where petabytes of data are crunched and refined for trusting Fortune 500 companies. Already a first-class player on the Business Intelligence scene, we have a long standing history of excellence in the areas of big data, dataviz, data science and architecture.
- Implement PL/SQL stored procedures to support the BI development;
- End-to-end implementation and testing based on business specifications;
- Helping other developers within the team, collaborate with team members to ensure coding best practices are in place;
- Following the successful UAT, participate actively in the handover to operations team, documentation of completed developments;
- Migrate existing SQL stored procedures from different DB platforms to PL/SQL;
- Daily contact with the ETL team, design and development of ETL jobs including troubleshooting and unit testing;
- Ad-hoc data and issue investigations;
- Data cleansing based on business specifications;
- Writing and documenting test cases;
- Move the code between different environments and document the deployment of the implemented stored procedures;
- Participate in POC for upcoming projects;
- Review and optimize the code for best performance;
- Write ETL job specifications;
- Occasional Devops tasks, on-board and train new colleagues for Devops related tasks;
- Identify gaps in the specification, propose modification and work with the business to approve the change.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a database environment;
- Strong knowledge of SQL/PLSQL;
- Monotony tolerance;
- High capacity workload;
- System approach, understand the big picture;
- Proactive attitude.
- Experience in working within projects;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Intelligent, communicative, team-player personality.
In return, we offer a competitive package and to work in super-friendly, young and fresh environment, in a state-of-the-art office with loads of coffee & fruit, regular massage, sport pass, games - and these are only the fraction of fringe benefits.
You will have the chance to work with talented and agile people and to learn new technologies, create new solutions and to develop not just yourself - but the business that you work in.