- Budapest, Hungary
Starschema is a Budapest-based tech entity where petabytes of data are crunched and refined for trusting Fortune 500 companies. Already a first-class player on the Business Intelligence scene, we have a long standing history of excellence in the areas of big data, dataviz, data science and architecture.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can learn something new and make a real difference every day? Does solving complex technical problems in the cloud interest you?
If so, we are currently looking for highly-motivated software developers to join our growing organization that provides technical solutions for Fortune 500 companies.
This position offers unique opportunities:
- To gain deep knowledge across the entire technology stack: from virtualization, file systems, databases, middleware to enterprise applications;
- To collaborate with a large number of product teams and to have real influence over product directions;
- To solve unique challenges in hosting complex and large-scale enterprise applications in the cloud;
- To experience how concepts such as performance, scalability, extensibility, supportability, and resilience truly make a difference;
- To build products that have immediate and game changing benefits for our customers.
In a nutshell, you will:
- Work closely with senior developers, architects, product management, IT and Operations teams;
- Be involved in the complete product lifecycle: design, prototype, development and maintenance of solutions.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has a positive attitude and exemplary work ethics;
- Has strong spoken and written communication skills. Is able to interact effectively with people in varying job functions;
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment;
- Has strong database knowledge (MS SQL or Oracle);
- Scripting: ant, shell, perl, python, etc.;
- Has experience in Unix/Linux environments;
- Having experience with any of the following is a plus: J2EE, web services, identity management, high availability architectures, scalable design and deployment, virtualization.
In return, we offer a competitive package and to work in super-friendly, young and fresh environment, in a state-of-the-art office with loads of coffee & fruit, regular massage, sport pass, games - and these are only the fraction of fringe benefits.
You will have the chance to work with talented and agile people and to learn new technologies, create new solutions and to develop not just yourself - but the business that you work in.