Production Assembly Technician
- 265 Hobson St, Smithville, TN 37166, USA
Star Manufacturing, a Division of The Middleby Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice equipment. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ wellness and financial security, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage.
The Production Assembly Technician reports to the Team Leader and assembles parts into finished commercial foodservice equipment.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications to determine material, tools, and equipment needed
- Correct use of handheld tools, pneumatic tools, and assembly fixtures
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams to wire electrical components
- Use various measuring, locating, and testing tools
- Maximize throughput while minimizing scrap and material losses
- Perform quality checks and appearance checks of material and finished goods
- Willing to cross-train in other assembly areas when necessary to meet changing customer demand
- Follow all safety procedures, support a culture of a safe and healthy workplace
- Maintain proper housekeeping of work center
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Proficient reading and interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, assembly instructions, and bills of material
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work with others in a team environment
- Able to lift 50LB, bend, stoop, twist, walk, and stand for extended periods
Starting Rate of $14.58/hr ($1 shift premium)
Benefits beginning 1st of the month following first 60 days.
The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ:MIDD) is the largest global manufacturer of commercial cooking equipment. The well-known brands of Middleby are used in restaurants, from quick service to fine dining and institutional foodservice such as hospitals and schools. Middleby customers in the Commercial Foodservice Equipment Group include YUM! Brands, Dunkin’, Burger King, Domino’s, Five Guys, Kroger, and many others.
EOE M/F/D/V - Star Manufacturing International, Inc. is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free Campus