- 265 Hobson St, Smithville, TN 37166, USA
Star Manufacturing, a Division of The Middleby Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice equipment. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ wellness and financial security, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage.
Support business needs by managing, providing, and updating technical documentation to assist the end user in using Star products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage all technical documentation, which includes operation manuals, service instructions, instillation documents, and specification sheets
- Gather technical product information from interdepartmental resources
- Create detailed exploded views for reference in technical documents
- Create and modify technical illustrations with image and SVG editing software and 2D/3D CAD
- Produce, edit and manage product images
- Create parts lists or product assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Manage the organization of technical native files and their PDF counterparts
- Navigate the MRP system to export bill of materials
- Review Engineering Change Notices to understand impact to technical documents
- Create Engineering Change Notices for updating technical documents
- Manage revision history, obsolescence, and phase in of technical documentation
- Follow Engineering Standards and Best Practices
- 4-year degree in related field or 10 years of experience in a similar role
- 5 years of experience in related field
- Experience with 3D modeling software, preferably Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, AutoCAD
- Experience with graphics programs, preferably Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Self-starter and hands-on approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Publisher
This position will be based in an office setting, but at times will require a hands-on approach.
The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ:MIDD) is the largest global manufacturer of commercial cooking equipment. The well-known brands of Middleby are used in restaurants, from quick service to fine dining and institutional foodservice such as hospitals and schools. Middleby customers in the Commercial Foodservice Equipment Group include YUM! Brands, Dunkin’, Burger King, Domino’s, Five Guys, Kroger, and many others.
EOE M/F/D/V - Star Manufacturing International, Inc. is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free Campus