- 265 Hobson St, Smithville, TN 37166, USA
Star Manufacturing, a Division of The Middleby Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice equipment. Our most successful employees thrive in an environment providing significant responsibility and autonomy to get the job done. We think like entrepreneurs and help solve our customers’ most critical problems, one idea at a time. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ wellness and financial security including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program, paid vacation and holidays, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage.
Support business needs by providing manufacturing support, regulatory guidance, and support new product development on commercial refrigeration products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manufacturing support with leak detection and brazing training
- Develop and execute test plans related to refrigerated products
- Analyze test data and summarize results
- Advises and consults with Quality and Manufacturing to establish best practices in refrigeration system installation and testing
- Stay up to date with refrigeration and energy agency standards such DOE, NSF, Energy Star, and CSA
- Ensure product meets agency standards listed above
- Support New Product Development requests by working with sales to develop new products
- 4-year degree in related field or 5 years of experience in designing and testing of refrigeration systems
- 5 years of experience in related field
- Thorough knowledge of refrigeration and theory
- Fundamental understanding of Engineering principles
- Self-starter and hands-on approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
This position will be based in an office setting, but at times will require a hands-on approach. Occasional prototyping and testing will result in the operation of tools in the manufacturing environment.
Will be required to lift 30lbs occasionally, as manufacturing is supported.
The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ:MIDD) is a global leader in the foodservice equipment industry with revenues totaling $3B in 2018. The company develops, manufactures, markets, and services a broad line of equipment used in the commercial foodservice, food processing, and residential kitchen equipment industries. The solutions provide the highest level of food quality, product consistency, and reduced operating costs resulting from increased product yields, increased capacity, greater throughput, and reduced labor costs through automation.
EOE M/F/D/V - Star Manufacturing International, Inc. is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free Campus