- 265 Hobson St, Smithville, TN 37166, USA
Star Manufacturing, a Division of The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ:MIDD), is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice equipment. Our most successful employees thrive in an environment providing significant responsibility and autonomy to get the job done. We think like entrepreneurs and help solve our customers' most critical problems, one idea at a time.
The Buyer reports to the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for purchasing parts, components, and materials, including metal purchasing.
- Source materials to meet production schedules while focusing on cost, quality, speed, and flexibility
- Sense of urgency to meet production requirements
- Create purchase orders (PO) and communicate with vendors on status, including order acknowledgements, tracking open PO’s, resolving receiving and invoicing issues
- Support goals for material flow, inventory level improvements, and ensure competitive lead-times
- Communicate component specifications to vendors, read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Track purchasing related engineering changes, including coordinating bill of material (BOM) changes, process purchasing portion of engineering change orders (ECO)
- Maximize MRP/ERP system to ensure efficiencies throughout the organization
- Update open purchase orders to ensure correct revision levels are received from vendors
- Manage material inventory to meet goals for active, slow and obsolete inventory, while ensuring highest levels of finished goods on-time delivery
- Advise manufacturing of delivery deviations that affect production
- Identify best sourcing options, prepare bid requests, vendor negotiation, vendor evaluation and selection, contract terms and conditions
- Highly analytical with proven success utilizing critical problem-solving skills and prioritization, make critical business decisions based on established metrics
- B.S. in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field OR related experience
- 5 years' experience in industrial sourcing
- Institute of Supply Management Certification (CPSM) or American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Manufacturing experience in lean, six sigma, continuous improvement
We provide a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' wellness and financial security, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program, paid vacation and holidays, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage.
The Middleby Corporation is a world leader in equipment and innovation for the commercial and residential kitchen, and industrial processing and baking. With more than $2.5 billion in revenues, the Middleby brands are known worldwide for their innovation and reliability. For more information, see our website at www.middleby.com.
The company’s Commercial Foodservice Equipment group manufactures cooking equipment for restaurants and institutional kitchens. Its Food Processing Equipment group manufactures food preparation, cooking, packaging, and food safety equipment for the food processing industry. Middleby has received numerous prestigious awards and recognitions including "Forbes Best Small Company", "Business Week Hot Growth Company", "Fortune Fastest Growing Company", "Crain’s Chicago Business, Fast Fifty".
EOE M/F/D/V - Star Manufacturing International, Inc. is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free Campus