- 265 Hobson St, Smithville, TN 37166, USA
Star Manufacturing Interational, Inc., a Division of The Middleby Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of commercial and concession foodservice equipment. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ wellness and financial security including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage.
The Fabrication Welder reports to the Team Leader and fabricates weldments of 12GA to 22GA sheet metal on premium commercial foodservice equipment requiring a nice cosmetic finish using MIG and TIG welding.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications to determine material, tools, and equipment needed
- Assemble and weld various steel weldments and product assemblies to engineering drawing specifications
- Inspect welds relative to standard acceptance criteria
- Use various measuring, locating, and testing tools
- Support a culture ensuring a safe and healthy workplace
- Maximize throughput yield while minimizing scrap and material losses
- Create, prioritize, and deliver continuous improvement to the business
- Willing to work in other areas of production line if necessary to meet customer demand
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year welding experience
- Proficient reading and interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, and bills of material
- Welding test will be administered--must demonstrate proper and safe use of equipment
- Excellent communication skills
The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ:MIDD) is a global leader in the foodservice equipment industry with revenues totaling $2.3B in 2017. The company develops, manufactures, markets, and services a broad line of equipment used in the commercial foodservice, food processing, and residential kitchen equipment industries. The solutions provide the highest level of food quality, product consistency, and reduced operating costs resulting from increased product yields, increased capacity, greater throughput, and reduced labor costs though automation. Middleby has received awards and recognitions including Business Week Hot Growth Company, Fortune Fastest Growing Company, and Crain’s Chicago Business Fast Fifty.
EOE M/F/D/V - Star Manufacturing International, Inc. is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free Campus