Contract Manufacturing Engineer
- 265 Hobson St, Smithville, TN 37166, USA
Star Manufacturing, a Division of The Middleby Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice equipment. Our most successful employees thrive in an environment providing significant responsibility and autonomy to get the job done.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the continuous improvement of the quality, cost, speed, and flexibility of our manufacturing processes. This temporary contract role will focus on transferring production from Mexico to Smithville and is estimated as a 12-month role.
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing lines, work capacity planning, and set-up reductions
- Time studies to measure true costs and prioritize areas for improvement
- Line balancing and recommend tooling, fixtures, and handling methods to improve efficiency and eliminate bottlenecks
- Create routings for new manufactured parts and routing changes for existing fabricated parts
- Create proposals to use floor space more efficiently, recommend facility improvements
- Support production scheduling, purchasing requirements, inventory management, and material flow
- Lead projects addressing workforce, time, and capacity analysis
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or related discipline
- Five years of manufacturing engineering experience in assembly, sheet metal fabrication, materials, operations, or similar role in a plant environment
- Experience in lean, six sigma, continuous improvement, process improvement in production/assembly environment
- CAD experience—SolidWorks preferred
- Positive attitude, personal accountability, coaches, listens, approachable, resolves conflicts
- Exhibits encouragement of diverse ideas and the ability to facilitate effective communication
- Understanding of manufacturing cost drivers
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
The Middleby Corporation is a world leader in equipment and innovation for the commercial and residential kitchen, and industrial processing and baking. With more than $2.5 billion in revenues, the Middleby brands are known worldwide for their innovation and reliability. For more information, see our website at www.middleby.com.
The company’s Commercial Foodservice Equipment group manufactures cooking equipment for restaurants and institutional kitchens. Its Food Processing Equipment group manufactures food preparation, cooking, packaging, and food safety equipment for the food processing industry. Middleby has received numerous prestigious awards and recognitions including "Forbes Best Small Company", "Business Week Hot Growth Company", "Fortune Fastest Growing Company", "Crain’s Chicago Business, Fast Fifty".
EOE M/F/D/V - Star Manufacturing International, Inc. is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free Campus