- 265 Hobson St, Smithville, TN 37166, USA
Star Manufacturing, a Division of The Middleby Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice equipment. Our most successful employees thrive in an environment providing significant responsibility and autonomy to get the job done. We think like entrepreneurs and help solve our customers’ most critical problems, one idea at a time. We provide a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ wellness and financial security including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program, paid vacation and holidays, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage.
The Purchasing Manager reports to the VP of Operations and is responsible for the overall supply chain with a team of three buyers and an analyst.
- Creates, prioritizes, and delivers continuous improvement to the business
- Reduces complexity in all processes
- Drives negotiations and contract compliance functions at an advanced level
- In-depth knowledge of the technical and legal aspects of purchasing functions for a manufacturing organization including contract negotiation and compliance and the ability to organize and coordinate workflow
- Leads by example with a sense of urgency to meet all production requirements, ensures materials arrive on time
- Collaborates with Engineering on material needs for new product development as well as continuous cost savings opportunities with existing products
- Responsible for overall inventory levels and inventory turnover rate
- Guide material cost reduction initiatives
- Institute of Supply Management Certification (CPSM) or American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification preferred
- B.S. in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other related focus
- 5 years’ experience in industrial sourcing or manufacturing
- Exceptional knowledge of purchasing and scheduling fundamentals in an ERP manufacturing environment
The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ:MIDD) is a global leader in the foodservice equipment industry with revenues totaling $3B in 2018. The company develops, manufactures, markets, and services a broad line of equipment used in the commercial foodservice, food processing, and residential kitchen equipment industries. The solutions provide the highest level of food quality, product consistency, and reduced operating costs resulting from increased product yields, increased capacity, greater throughput, and reduced labor costs through automation.
EOE M/F/D/V - Star Manufacturing International, Inc. is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free Campus