Crew Leader - Part Time On Call
- 13753 Broadfording Church Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21740, USA
Our mission is to provide a supportive and challenging living and working experience for people with special needs, without regard to race or creed and to do so with respect, dignity and love in the name of Christ."
SUMMARY: A Crew Leader works directly with individuals attending Star’s Day Habilitation Program (Ventures) and is responsible for all areas of their needs throughout the program day. A Crew Leader will work as part of a team to provide meaningful pre-vocational training and life experiences for individuals that are reflective of their abilities, preferences, and individual plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will prepare IP summaries based upon observations and individuals direct input.
- Will attend IP meetings, addendum meetings and entry meetings as an advocate for the individual in a professional manner.
- Will write goal implementation strategies and task analyses for the individual based upon their skills and preferences, as well as conduct the goal implementation and data collection for each individual assigned.
- Will complete all required paperwork daily.
- Will complete quarterly summaries in a timely manner.
- Will develop and carry out planned activity/pre-vocational training schedules for the crew, which ensure opportunities for community integration and social interactions.
- Will model appropriate social skills, work ethics and procedures to crew members.
- Will assist individuals with banking services as needed.
- Will maintain a file on each individual as required by the regulations.
- Will attend staff meetings/in-service days as required.
11. Will assist individuals with activities of daily living/pre-vocational training while promoting the achievement of their highest level of independence.
12. Will implement behavior support plans and document accordingly.
13. Will administer medications and delegated nursing functions as required.
14. Will respect the rights of the individuals served; including honoring their privacy when providing personal care, and always treating the individuals with dignity and respect.
15. Will ensure a positive environment and honor individual preferences.
16. Will provide safe transportation services via Star Community vehicles.
- Will communicate with individuals according to his/her natural ability.
- Will communicate information between administrative staff, team members and stakeholders in a positive manner.
- Will be responsible for maintaining the budget for the crew as set forth in the annual budget.
- Will assist in maintaining cleanliness and overall appearance of the crew area and common day program building areas.
- Will report maintenance concerns in a timely manner.
- Will successfully complete DDA required trainings within 90 days of hire.
- Will successfully complete annual in-services as required by DDA.
- Will maintain all required certifications such as, but not limited to, CMT, CNA, First Aid, and CPR.
Will complete other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Commitment to assist individuals with developmental disabilities to participate fully in their community.
· Previous experience working with people with developmental disabilities or special needs in a day program or similar setting preferred.
· Ability to speak and write proficiently in English is required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must have the ability to lift, transfer and implement restraint techniques.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet the requirements of Star Community’s insurance company.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.