Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Part-Time)
- 1506 Chapel Hill Rd, Columbia, MO 65203, USA
Stange Law Firm, PC has offices in Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, and Oklahoma. LawFirm500 ranks Stange Law Firm as one of the fastest growing law firms in the country. Attorneys at the firm have received awards from organizations such as Super Lawyers, the National Trial Lawyers, the National Academy of Family Lawyers and many more. This is truly a great opportunity if you want a successful career at a growing law firm.
Are you a legal professional with a passion for Family Law? Stange Law Firm has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join the team that provides strategic legal support and guidance in Columbia, MO Office.
Whether someone is facing a divorce, legal separation, a paternity action, or numerous other issues that affect families, the attorneys at Stange Law Firm, PC are dedicated to achieving the best possible results.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In lieu of a receptionist, shall greet all clients and take accurate messages (with the proper return phone number and name of the person calling) when individuals are not available, receives deliveries by courier or messenger, and received and sends faxes.
- Prepares and drafts legal documents for filing with appropriate entities and necessary correspondence.
- Shall ensure the accuracy of all documents prepared.
- Performs administrative duties including basic research, filing, mailings, organizes files and pleading panels, calendaring telephone communication.
- Conducts legal research for particular issues as assigned by attorneys using periodicals, law libraries, public records, and offices.
- Takes messages when individuals are not available, receives deliveries by courier or messenger, and receives and sends faxes.
- Enter all billable hours completed on a given day into the designated timekeeping or billing software the same day.
For more information please visit www.stangelawfirm.com. E-mail resume and references to the Recruiting Director.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Law firm experience preferred, but not required
- Domestic experience preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with PC Programs
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Paralegal, law, lawyer, family law, divorce law, Boone County, Columbia, Missouri, Jefferson City, Boonville, Ashland, Fulton, legal, Legal Assistant, Family Law, Law Firm, JD, Juris Doctor, Lawyer, Employment, Job, Family Law, Divorce Custody, Divorce, Legal Secretary
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements.