Vocational Development Administrator
- Truro, UK
St Petrocs is an organisation which attracts, develops, and retains talented individuals who are united around a common purpose: to end homelessness in Cornwall.
St Petrocs was established to offer support to those who have nowhere else to go and acts as the last line of defence against someone having to experience rough sleeping. We are an independent, charitable organisation that provides people in need with somewhere and someone to turn to.
Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We wholeheartedly believe that a broad diversity of thought, identity, background, and lived experience makes us a stronger organisation.
From the front-line professionals delivering critical engagement, resettlement, counselling, and accommodation services, to the dedicated support staff working in administration, finance, fundraising and communications, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds are treated fairly and feel a genuine sense of belonging.
If you want to be different together, you will feel at home at St Petrocs.
As a Vocational Development Administrator, you will play an essential role in the smooth delivery of the European Social Fund sponsored Vocational Development Project, aimed at helping our residents to move closer toward training and/or employment.
You will provide crucial administrative support, overseeing the collation of data and outcomes for monitoring and reporting on the project for the quarterly claims.
The role will also involve supporting the Vocational Development Officers to enhance residents’ employability by booking relevant training sessions and engagement events, as well as overseeing all associated logistical tasks such as hiring appropriate venues and completing risk assessments.
At all times you will ensure that the project is compliant with European Union guidelines, particularly regarding the use of branding in project materials and publicity.
Role: Vocational Development Administrator
Reports to: Vocational Development Project (VDP) Service Manager
Salary: £26,351.00 per annum
Probationary period: 6 months
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends
Many of our staff work flexibly, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Holidays: 33 days including bank holidays
Length of contract: Fixed Term Contract until March 2023
- Monitor the St Petrocs' Vocational Development Project as part of the Community Led Local Development ESF funded programme.
- Keep and maintain records of action plans and any forms relating to the project.
- Collate data and project outcomes for monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare information for quarterly claim submissions.
- Keep an audit trail of all costs incurred for the project, including receipts and invoices.
- Book venues and training sessions/engagement events for the project.
- Filing documents and other paperwork and helping to maintain an archive system for the wider Support Services team.
- Ensure the venues for events and training are welcoming and compliant with health and safety requirements, utilising risk assessments where required.
- Ensure appropriate use of European Union and European Social Fund branding is applied where required.
- General team administration duties.
- Work in other areas of the service as required.
- Attend events as a positive ambassador for St Petrocs, promoting and raising awareness of its services and inspiring existing and potential supporters.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested.
You’ll share our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Equality, and Dignity.
You should have strong organisational skills and a meticulous eye for detail. You’ll be competent in the use of IT, comfortable handling simple financial records like receipts and invoices, and have previous administrative experience..
Importantly, we’re looking for someone who has a real passion for making a difference to the lives of some of the most marginalised and vulnerable members of society.
In addition to the criteria outlined below, this post is subject to successful completion of an Enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Due to the nature of the role, you must also have a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Commitment to our service and client group
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with an ability to balance a varied workload
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with agencies, employers, training providers, colleagues and clients
- Able to follow processes and maintain high standards
- Ability to relate to and motivate disadvantaged individuals
- Energetic, creative and driven, with a proactive and positive approach
- Proficient in MS Office
St Petrocs is pleased to offer the following employee benefits:
- 33 days annual leave a year, including bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity/partner pay, neonatal leave, paid time off for IVF treatment, and flexible working
- A focus on health and wellbeing including employee assistance programme (EAP), free eye tests, and free vaccinations
- Competitive pension scheme
- Long-service awards
- Life insurance
- Emergency loan policy