Assistant Teacher (Sep 2021)
- Taipo, Mongkok or Diamond Hill Campus, HK, Hong Kong
St. Hilary’s School (St. Hilary's) aims at creating a learning environment that the students are able to cherish and enjoy learning and want to perform to the best of their abilities and talents. It has a comprehensive and cohesive system of education which develops students into persons who are confident, innovative, resourceful and brave in facing their responsibility in society and the challenges in future.
- Due to the school expansion in 2021/2022, we would like to hire assistant teachers:.
- For those who are interested, please go to our school website (http://www.sthilarys.edu.hk/joinus/) to fill in the electronic application form and upload your resume and recent photos.
- Please take a 3-minute video to introduce yourself in English or Putonghua (depending on your subjects) and why you are interested in joining St. Hilary's. Upload and add the URL to your resume. The application with no videos will not be processed.
- We do not accept fax, email and postal applications. The school will contact the applicants by email regarding the interview arrangements.
Duties of Assistant Teacher:
- Develop and maintain trusting, effective and supporting relationships with the all the children in the class, their parents and all staff.
- Partnership with the class teacher to establish an appropriately child-centered learning environment for the children.
- Supervising the children at break/lunch and other unstructured times.
- Assisting with the children's safe use of school transport arrangements.
- Ensuring that the children are safe and secure at all times.
- Carrying out other duties and tasks as reasonably delegated by the School Managements.
- Planning to apply for a PGDE programme in the coming academic year
- Experience in working with children or relevant educational certificate/diploma required;
- Excellent verbal and written English skills with fluency in Cantonese and Putonghua;
- Proficient in using computers;
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure;
- Reliability; initiative and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a collaborative team environment;
Salary: Master Pay Scale Point 4 ($16,565) to Point 10 ($24,070) (Depends on the relevant experiences)