Math Teacher (7th/8th Grade, 2020-21)
- 2016 Willis Ln, Keller, TX 76248, USA
In our Christ-centered environment, we provide formative faith lessons and experiences, pursue academic excellence, participate in the sacramental life and devotions of the Catholic Church, offer engaging student activities, and give students opportunities for growth in virtue and character. It is through this educational plan that students are formed spiritually, intellectually, morally, and physically as they are prepared for high school and grow into disciples of Christ who are ready to respond to God’s call.
It is our vocation to cultivate faith, virtue, and wisdom in children by educating the whole child. We seek to develop students into lifelong learners who wonder and are curious about the world; know how to engage it; think critically by analyzing, evaluating, and synthesizing prior knowledge with new discoveries; problem solve; make sound judgments; and then communicate these deeper understandings in a persuasive and beautiful manner.
The desired applicant will be able to provide engaging and active instruction, possess a high level of content mastery, have the ability to collaborate well with colleagues, and be experienced teaching math. A familiarity with classical education is preferred.The candidate should understand how a Catholic worldview permeates the curriculum and instruction, understand the role of the poetic imagination to education, and be a disciple of Christ committed to providing a Gospel witness.
Important job functions:
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning
- Conferences with parents upon request and responds to messages in a timely manner
- Demonstrates gains in student performance that are in keeping with school goals
- Demonstrates a willingness to respond to individual learning needs
Knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church
- Knowledge of subjects taught, instructional methods/strategies, and curriculum differentiation
- Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior
- Able to manage student behavior in classroom setting
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Able to work well with others in the school community
Complete job description- https://fwdioc.org/classroom-teacher-seas-job-description.pdf
Along with a love for learning, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree.
All interested applicants should take the brief survey (https://www.cindexinc.com/c/21773D) and upload a cover letter, résumé, autobiographical essay, philosophy of Classical Education essay, and completed applications (see below for applications).
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelsey Scales, Executive Assistant.