Field Communications Specialist
- 222 SE Alder St, Portland, OR 97214, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Sseko Designs uses fashion (and now coffee!) to create opportunity and community for women across the world and right here at home. From luxury leather travel bags to customizable footwear, Sseko creates stunning goods with an innovative business model that enables women in Uganda and Ethiopia to attend university and pursue their dreams. Sseko products are sold by Sseko Fellows, a bright and bold community of dreamers and doers, who are using their passion and smarts to send women to college and earn an income to pursue their own dreams.
The Field Communications Specialist plays a critical role in serving Sseko Designs mission to use business to create educational and economic opportunities for women across the globe. This role will own all communication and communication strategy to our growing Field of Independent Sales Reps (Fellows).
This role requires an action-oriented, detail focused, creative writer and thinker. The Field Communications role will help create consistency within our Brand voice for our Field, and help drive our strategy and mission through clear, concise, engaging and inspiring content. The role will be responsible for not only communicating, but thinking critically and strategically about how the brand communicates most effectively to our growing Field.
- Ideate and execute fun and innovative ways to engage our Sales Field with communications
- Shape our internal brand voice and create consistency across all internal communication
- Manage the Field Communication Calendar. Build monthly and daily communication strategy based on seasonal strategy, incentives, activation, launches, training, events and promotions.
- Create and manage corporate communication through all channels including email, FB group posts, SMS, Print, Etc.
- Edit all training and marketing content for brand voice, grammar and accuracy
- Create communication plan and manage all communication for launches, sales, events or other initiatives for the Field
- Track performance of all communications and determine effectiveness based on defined targets
- Own and manage Sseko’s strategy for organizing content, field assets, materials and information that is stored and provided to the field
- Proficient writer: clear, concise, fun!
- Excellent communication skills with obsessive attention to detail
- Highly organized with the skill to track projects from inception to final delivery
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- A creative thinker who always thinks outside the box
- Adaptable! It’s a fast moving, fluid environment, and you must be able to wear multiple hats when needed
- Comfortable in Canva with basic design tools
- Proficient with Google Suite, Asana and Slack
- Self-starter, fast learner with action and results-orientation
- Resourceful, ability to problem-solve and react quickly with a positive can-do attitude
We are looking for that someone special!
You will be a part of an innovative team that is pioneering the path that merges traditional for-profit business models with positive social change for women around the globe and right here at home. You will have the opportunity to grow a company and develop a new model for doing business. The ideal, and rare, candidate will be an incredibly dynamic communicator as well as a true corporate professional. The candidate will be an innovator – excited to communicate a powerfully modern approach to social selling. The candidate must have a passion for our mission, love of people and demonstrate extraordinary professional maturity and leadership skills. If you are an optimist by nature, driven and ready to take charge in building an impact driven brand, this could be the role for you.
Time / Opportunity
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Headquarters in Portland, OR - Open to Fully Remote
- Compensation: Depending on Experience, Health Insurance, 401k, PTO
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sseko is on a mission to use business to create educational and economic opportunities for women across the globe. This is an ambitious goal that will only be accomplished with an inclusive culture that creates space for the most creative and courageous minds to have a seat at the table. We believe that in addition to being in alignment with our value for justice and equality, building a diverse and inclusive team is required in order for us to achieve our audacious dream of creating a brighter and more just future for women everywhere. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.