Community Care Team Member - Sseko Designs
- 222 SE Alder St, Portland, OR 97214, USA
Sseko Designs uses fashion to create opportunity and community for women across the world and right here at home. From luxury leather travel bags to customizable footwear, Sseko creates stunning goods with an innovative business model that enables women in Uganda to attend university and pursue their dreams. Sseko products are sold by Sseko Fellows, a bright and bold community of dreamers and doers, who are using their passion and smarts to send women in Uganda to college and earn an income to pursue their own dreams.
We are looking for an outgoing, creative, people-loving customer and community advocate. You will be the first line of communication to all our Sseko Fellows and customers, and you will build the Sseko mission through caring for our community. Every day we will expect you to help us dream big and take care of the people who have committed to growing with Sseko.
In addition to that you will:
- Oversee all customer service mediums of communication including phones, email, live chat and social media, and SMS
- Support Sseko Fellows (our sales team) in their business activities including:
- Trunk show support
- Fellow customer issues
- Support fellows community initiatives
- Manage and create new systems and programs that extend Sseko customer service beyond an ordinary experience (i.e. surprise and delight ideas, following up with customers, etc)
- Handle order issue management, including backorders, returns, exchanges and other issues
- Assist Marketing Team with online store management (product upload, promotion codes, shipping, reviews etc.) and content management
- Office administrative support
- People person. Love working with people. Creative in meeting people’s needs. We love what we do and want to do it with people we love being around
- Positive energy!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, start and execute on your ideas
- Great listener
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong capacity for patience
- Ability to extend empathy
- Basic computer literacy is required
You will be a part of an innovative team that is pioneering the path that merges traditional for-profit business models with positive social change for women in East Africa and right here at home. You will have the opportunity to grow a company and develop a new model for doing business.
Hours and Compensation:
- Start Date - ASAP
- Hours: Full Time Position, 40 Hours a week with occasional weekend hours
- Rate: $15 / Hour
- Health Insurance
- 10 days PTO
- Retirement matching
- Flexible work location
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sseko is on a mission to use business to create educational and economic opportunities for women across the globe. This is an ambitious goal that will only be accomplished with an inclusive culture that creates space for the most creative and courageous minds to have a seat the table. We believe that in addition to being in alignment with our value for justice and equality, building a diverse and inclusive team is required in order for us to achieve our audacious dream of creating a brighter and more just future for women everywhere. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.