Senior Software Engineer, Merchant Integrations
- Denver, CO, USA
Are you seeking a new and exciting challenge? Are you looking for growth in your career and enjoy leading teams? Want to have an impact in your workplace and around the world? If you answered yes to these questions, you have found your next dream job!
SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco, Staples, Sam’s Club and Tesco. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is profitable, growing 90% year on year, and attracted the largest insurer-tech acquisitions in 2017, with a $1.4 billion purchase price by Allstate.
In the next year SquareTrade will continue to have major international customer growth and in order to meet that growth, we will need to add the latest technology, provide new services, and adapt our process and systems for faster iteration.
At SquareTrade, we help our customers when they need us most. As the market leader of protection plans, we touch the lives of millions of people across the world. If you enjoy innovating, inventing and creating solutions, and driving improvement SquareTrade is the company for you.
This role is open in Denver, CO and Lowell, MA.
SquareTrade is looking for a top notch Senior Software Engineer who is not only capable of designing and coding services as a high performing individual contributor but also has the communication and leadership skills to facilitate the efficient execution and delivery for one or more teams.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with colleagues across the company to understand and evolve technical solutions, drive technical and process maturity, and manage functional and non-functional requirements. Your team will be responsible for delivering the platforms required for SquareTrade to continue high levels of order and revenue growth.
- Work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Re-architect and refactor our back-end order processing system for performance and scalability
- Write well-structured, testable code without supervision
- Contribute to process efforts, such as automation, that enable the team to move faster
- Own projects end-to-end; work with product owners on requirements, design and story break down
- Lead the design and development of integration projects
- Set estimates and hit them
- Work with partner groups (and initiate discussions with partner groups when needed
- Team player
- Strong communication skills and able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in Java-based enterprise applications with demonstrated technical team leadership capabilities
- Knowledge and experience in J2EE, ORM Frameworks, SQL, and Linux
- Knowledge and experience with microservices
- Able to learn and pick up new skills and technology quickly
- Can quickly identify and communicate the essence of issues to stakeholders
- Ecommerce, integration, EDI or retail system application know-how
- Specific knowledge and experience in JPA/Hibernate, JBoss, PostgresQL
- Experience with REST-based web services
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong knowledge and experience with performance and scalable systems
- Functional experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS
- Like to code well designed REST services and are good at it
- Enjoy mentoring others
- Always look to improve and are open to the ideas and feedback of others
- Independent and self-directed
- Look forward to the sprint retrospective in order to suggest process and execution improvements
- Like technology and keeps up-to-date on current technology trends; can suggest ways to use new technology to improve new and existing solutions
Some of the benefits of working @Squaretrade include:
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching, paid parental leave
- Up to $75 per month towards mobile phone/data plan
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Flexible work schedules - some roles are hybrid allowing you to work from home a few days per week.
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy
(Colorado Only) Pursuant to applicable law, SquareTrade estimates the possible compensation for this role, if hired in Colorado, to be within the following range: $120-145K.
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer