Senior Manager, User Experience (UX)
- Portland, OR, USA
- Employees can work remotely
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30B industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Amazon, Walmart, The Home Depot to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London. We are currently expanding in Europe and Asia Pacific, including Japan and Australia.
Squaretrade is looking for a hands-on User Experience leader to manage and grow our team of UX Designers, UI Designers, and Researchers. This team is responsible for designing service experiences that make our complex logistics processes seem fast and easy.
At Squaretrade, we help our customers when they need us most. As the market leader of protection plans, we touch the lives of millions of people across the world. Our success is due to our focus on delivering great service to our customers through a modern, digital platform. This role is critical for driving improvements to this platform.
We currently have a small, but mighty UX team. In addition to managing them, you will determine the best approach for supporting our growing business -- scaling our processes and ensuring consistency across apps. You will also work on designs when needed.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with colleagues across the company to understand context, including international considerations. You will also be a key advocate for the customer, providing user experience thought leadership for internal and external partners.
You're a great candidate if you:
- Like building out the UX function
- Like managing, but also want to keep doing some design
- Like the challenge of complex workflows, with lots of constraints and weird corner cases that can’t be ignored
- Manage team of designers and researchers
- Mentor team in best practices, processes, and methodology
- Ensure the team’s designs create a cohesive experience across products
- Establish and maintain design processes, including user testing
- Partner with product managers, researchers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements
- Develop user experience designs, when needed -- delivering wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, specs, and/or lightweight prototypes
- Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders across the organization, including senior leadership and external retail partners
- Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience
- Define and execute plan for growing the team
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree is a plus
- 5 years of relevant industry experience
- 2+ years people management
- Experience collaborating with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers throughout the design process
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Marvel (or similar) to create user interfaces
- Experience building both mobile and desktop experiences for complex logistics processes
- Experience with end user research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interaction design skills
- International experience a plus
Perks of working @Squaretrade include:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.