Technical Product Manager - Remote
- Remote, Opportunity, United States
- Employees can work remotely
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Amazon, Walmart, The Home Depot to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London. We are currently expanding in Europe and Asia Pacific, including Japan and Australia.
We are seeking for a hands-on, smart, dedicated, experienced, results-oriented Technical Product Manager to run a high-profile SCRUM team. In this role you’ll be the “product & technology bridge” between business and development teams, you will be the face of the development teams to both external and internal business teams and you will represent the business stakeholders to our internal development teams. This includes leading cross-functional teams to define business objectives, devise effective solutions, and manage their implementation. You’ll work with merchant partner and internal stakeholders to ensure success. We expect you to have exceptional product/project management, communication, and leadership skills. We need you to be a problem solver who is creative in conceptualizing and defining innovative opportunities. This is a highly visible role with a huge impact.
• Strategic thinker with deep business acumen and an intuitive mind who can provide a holistic approach at integrating disparate pieces of information and synthesize recommendations
• Partner with external/internal business stakeholders, product managers, analytics, legal, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand, publish requirements to scrum teams
• Own the product roadmap from start to finish
• Improve team SDLC processes to increase transparency, effectiveness, and quality
• Collaborate with Tech Lead/Architect, and business to come up with requirements, scope, and timing for various projects
• Drive team organization and project management
• Take ownership of team, managing and mentoring team members toward deliverables and project completion
- 3-5 years of product management, developer, data engineering experience
- Experience with e-commerce is highly desired
- Developer background and BS in engineering or computer science is strongly preferred
- Top MBA a plus
- Strong intuition, judgment and superior analytical skills (SQL)
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks across multiple disciplines
- Ability to be the primary point of contact with external partners, stakeholders
- Knowledge of Scrum, and JIRA will be helpful
Some of the benefits of working at SquareTrade include
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
- Company activities (from happy hours, winery trips, and picnics in the park to running a 5k)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re committed to growing high-performance teams where people can bring their whole-selves to work, and creating a greater force for good within our company, industry, and cities. We strive to hire and cultivate diverse teams, and respectfully challenge everyone to do their best regardless of background and experience. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.