Customer Service Regional Leader, North America
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We are seeking a highly motivated, deeply experienced leader to inspire, lead and help evolve our global Afterpay customer service model to deliver an effortless customer experience and support the growth of our business. This role is focused on the direct leadership and accountability of the North America (NA) Customer Service Team, both our own internal talent and Partner (Supplier / BPO) resources.
You will influence and inspire a team of passionate team members and their leaders, coaching them to success while you play a key role in helping to shape and deliver on our customer experience strategy. You will help optimize our contact channels, including in-app messaging and voice, while developing and reinforcing Afterpay’s performance and effortless experience culture across NA Customer Service.
In this role, you will serve as a senior Operations leader primarily working with Operations stakeholders and Partners and when needed inside the company, working with functions such as Product, Engineering, Compliance and Legal to protect and respond to Afterpay’s strategic agenda, customer expectations and regulatory obligations. You’ll manage the NA Customer Service operation to ensure we achieve Afterpay’s strategic Operations priorities and underpin our obsession with creating an effortless experience for our customers and people.
This role focuses on execution to meet our customer and business commitments as well as influencing and collaborating with global stakeholders to help define the future for our global operation.
This role is responsible for:
- Lead the day to day customer service delivery of our Supplier Partners and specialist in-house teams (including complaint handling / Escalations teams) for the NA region
- Drive performance to meet OPEX and service delivery obligations for region including FTE / headcount management as well as efficiency and customer experience deliverables such as but not limited to Contact Rate, Response and handles time, TTR, Quality, CSat and Complaint handling timelines
- Partner management and performance for NA region; including accountability of performance to agreed objectives including NA specific Operations regulatory and licencing obligations
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly rhythms are in place to support the performance of the region in a 24/7 operating model. Partnering with Operations cross functional Leads including WFM, Learning, Service Excellence and Complaints to deliver on Operations initiatives.
- Role model leading and managing with Insights, gathering and synthesizing relevant data; stay connected with performance data and customer contact trends to understand drivers of results. Be able to communicate insights from day to day customer experience, team results or suggesting process improvement.
- Coaching and mentoring leaders and team members with a focus on professional development and performance outcomes across the team
- Build implementation plans and drive execution with and through direct team, global Operations colleagues and Partners to ensure operational readiness for planned change or incident responses as required
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 15+ years of relevant CS operations work experience, with 10+ years of multi-tier (managing managers) people management experience required at companies with significant scale
- Proven people leader; engage the team around a vision and solve problems or delivery amazing results with and through a team
- Past product and/or project management experience and deep background operating in complex operations
- Experience building, optimizing, leading B2C Customer Success operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech environment, and experience with leading Partner (BPO) teams to achievements equivalent to internal teams
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally throughout an entire organization and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities and expertise in balancing and articulating trade-offs variables such as time, cost, quality, risk and people constraints
- A passion for consumer financial services and effortless customer experiences
- A relevant BA/BS degree or related experience
- Deep understanding of regulatory requirements and challenges including licensure obligations
- The global nature of our team will require this role to work flexibly in order to connect to colleagues who operate across ANZ, North America, UK and Partners in the Philippines.
- Remote, global team management experience
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We’ve noticed a rise in recruiting impersonations across the industry, where individuals are sending fake job offer emails. Contact from any of our recruiters or employees will always come from an email address ending with @block.xyz, @squareup.com, @tidal.com, or @afterpay.com, @clearpay.co.uk.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
While there is no specific deadline to apply for this role, on average, U.S. open roles are posted for 70 days before being filled by a successful candidate.