Product Lead, Bitkey
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Bitkey is Block’s self-custody bitcoin wallet, which helps customers truly own and manage their bitcoin. We’re looking to hire a Product Lead to play a critical role in defining and building a simple, safe self-custody wallet that helps customers own and manage their bitcoin and send / receive bitcoin to anyone, anywhere globally. This consumer product is already in its external beta stage and will be available across 6 continents when it launches in general availability in its next stage.
Our goal is to make the future of money both intuitive and safe while enabling customers to build a better financial future. We're assembling a team experienced in an extremely wide range of disciplines, including business, operations, design, software, hardware, security, and so many other aspects of product delivery. Come build the future of money with us! Learn more through our development blog here.
This role is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the US, UK, or Ireland. The Product Lead will report directly to Bitkey’s Business Lead.
- Champion the customers’ needs across different customer segments globally
- Investigate, define, prioritize, and help delivery important product features that meet customers needs
- Understand the global and local nuances across bitcoin management for consumers in dozens of countries across six continents, knowing when to go deeper vs not across dozens of countries - a global mindset is key
- Develop, experiment, and launch sustainable business models that drive revenue while thoughtfully scaling costs
- Develop and execute against a product strategy that covers: discovery and delivery of new product offerings that reach new customers globally; hardware interactions that are critical to the product experience, packaging and out of box experience; key communications experience that addresses both security and convenience needs for customers; and other key foundational experiences across the product
- Contribute to a culture of discovery and delivery where different stages of product development happens in parallel across a team of PMs, designers and engineers
- Partner closely with other PMs, Engineering leads, Business, and Marketing Leads on a mix of strategy and execution topics across the Bitkey program
- Lead cross-functional efforts and help create useful process (e.g. helping the engineering and design teams think across product stages, in scope vs out of scope, how to approach technical estimations and trade offs on scope vs time to market vs resourcing)
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience in both building a new product, 0 to 1, which includes designing and running customer research and building something from scratch to launch, learn, and iterate, as well as experience scaling a product / business across numerous geographies
- Experience defining user segments, personas
- Expert in hypothesis-driven product development and experimentation
- Experience in building software products and demonstrated ability to think through great UX from end to end discovery, conversion, usage, retention, upsell
- A global-mindset developed over building products across multiple countries
- Experience building products in a regulated industry
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone B: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone C: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone D: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.