Compliance Appeals Specialist, Cash App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Compliance Specialist to join Block and support the continued build out of our Cash App Compliance program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by designing and implementing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
In this role, you will support the Compliance operations team by conducting due diligence reviews on customer’s accounts, inclusive of complex transactional reviews. You will collaborate with Compliance and Specialty team members to ensure consistency in review processes.
- Investigate for activity that violates Block’s rules and document findings
- Verify customer information and analyze transactions as part of Block’s policies
- Stay abreast of regulatory updates and/or new requirements and understand overall impact to day to day work
- Contribute to projects optimizing the regulatory program and operation team's processes
- Work in collaboration with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Block
- 3+ years experience in BSA/AML or Fraud related work, preferably in the payments space
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Demonstrated transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios
- Ability to present and communicate findings to team members and team leads
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust quickly as things change
- Proven working experience as a Compliance Specialist
- 4+ years relevant experience in BSA/AML and Sanctions related work
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.