Compliance Appeals Quality Specialist, Cash App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for an Appeals Quality Specialist to join Block and support the continued build out of our Cash App Compliance program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by designing and implementing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company. Specifically, we are looking to build out the Level 2 process within the Appeals Program, which was established to provide additional monitoring of case quality.
In this role, you will conduct Level 2 reviews of Appeals cases by providing timely and encouraging feedback on investigative steps and decision-making. Additionally, you will provide constructive observations, valuable insight into trends, and recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies. The Level 2 assessment will ensure the accuracy of Appeals reviews in accordance with existing policies and procedures. You will work closely with Appeals specialists to drive overall quality within the program, while adhering to established KPIs. Additionally, you will also conduct Level 1 reviews as needed (initial reviews of Appeals cases prior to Level 2 escalation).
This is a 100% remote role available to candidates who are currently working/living in the US.
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to in accordance with internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Provide specific and actionable written feedback to specialists
- Participate in calibration meetings to ensure the team is providing consistent and fair feedback
- Facilitate discussions around trends and opportunities for improvement
- Respond to Level 2 escalations and inquiries
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements including customer identification procedure, due diligence best practice, sanction screening requirements, and anti-money laundering protocols
- Contribute to projects optimizing the regulatory program and operation team's processes
- Recommend suggestions that help define new process improvement opportunities
- Work in collaboration with Compliance, Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- Stay abreast of regulatory updates and/or new requirements and understand overall impact to day to day work
- 3+ years experience in AML/BSA related work, preferably within the payments space
- Experience in a quality control or quality assurance function
- Working knowledge of AML and Sanctions regulations as well as industry best practices
- Investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Ability to present and communicate findings to team members and team leads
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust quickly as things change
- Proven working experience as a Compliance Specialist
- 4+ years relevant experience in BSA/AML and Sanctions related work
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $41.30 - USD $50.43
Zone B: USD $38.37 - USD $46.92
Zone C: USD $35.10 - USD $42.88
Zone D: USD $30.96 - USD $37.88
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.