Product Lead, Access Platform & Customer Experiences
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App’s top strategic business priority is Trust: building deep trust with our customers allows us to deepen our financial relationship with them, introduce them to new products, increase our share of wallet for each service, and expand our customer base. The Health team’s mission is to create a holistic Cash App experience that fosters the trust, safety, security, and support of our customers and their assets - all while expanding access within the Cash App ecosystem. The Access team is a core pillar of Health. The ability to safely and securely access an account is foundational to delivering an excellent customer experience. It’s crucial to gaining and maintaining customer trust and ensuring that Cash App is reliable, safe and secure for customers. You will be responsible for defining a roadmap that enables a stable and scalable identity and access management platform through close collaboration with engineering. Additionally, as product manager, you’ll be tasked with building well-designed and intuitive security features that empower customers to keep their accounts safe from bad actors.
- Work closely with server and client engineering to redefine and build a strategy, roadmap and priorities for a scalable and highly secure identity and access management platform
- Lead product strategy, customer research, product data science, product design and engineering to identify opportunities to build features to further improve account security
- Structure our team’s processes to enhance execution velocity, making tactical tradeoffs between business priorities and resources
- Define the framework and metrics to measure the impact of the team; deeply understand the core drivers and monitor progress
- Drive effective cross-functional partnership, constantly inspiring and influencing colleagues in legal, compliance, support, machine learning, and other product areas to deliver on goals and maximize impact
- Work closely with product marketing to properly communicate security features to customers, ensuring understanding and adoption
- 8+ years of product management experience with a strong familiarity of platform engineering infrastructure and a proven track record of delivering outstanding products at scale
- Outstanding leadership skills; the ability to inspire team members and drive collaborative decision-making across cross-functional teams
- Exceptional prioritization and stakeholder management skills, particularly working with compliance/legal and external partners in a highly regulated industry
- Excellent oral and written communication, narrative storytelling, and organization skills that instills confidence from senior leadership
- Exceptional problem solving skills and are able to define frameworks and processes for product discovery, requirements gathering, design, development and measurement
- An analytical mindset with the ability to distill and communicate complex data to make decisions, determine roadmap prioritization, and understand and communicate customer and business impact
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with rapid development cycles
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful customer and business problems
- Experience in identity and access management with knowledge of emerging technologies and best practices
- Experience in thinking about security challenges through a business and customer lens
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.